Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2 1/2 weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
of rain has killed any opportunity to metal detect. It's been two days since the last rain and even still if you dig a hole 3" in the ground the hole will fill with water.

Thankfully I was spared from the widespread flooding that hit our area but some of my friends weren't so lucky. We had a flood in April on the north side of town and it wiped out one of my friends houses. He was about 70% along the way to getting his home back and once again his home had 4 ft of water in it on this go round.  Oddly enough he doesn't live in an area prone to flooding.

I haven't been around for a while because of the rain and what it's done to our area. Though I don't get to hunt as often as most of you I still like to congratulate the awesome finds that you all post and drop a kind word to all of you kind folk.

I will get to hunt today even if it's for just an hr. I'm so looking forward to having a detector in my hands. I read through the post today and wanted to let all of you know keep it up. All of you are a positive for our great hobby.

Cheers !!

Ed (kajunman)
Kajun, sorry to hear about those conditions. We will keep you and your friends in our prayers. Hope you find a place and time to hunt! Good luck, hope you get a nice surprise. HH!
Hey there Kajunman:
Saw the news of flooding and all the suffering on TV. Stand by your friend and neighbors. Having lost everything to fire once, I know what it means when someone has your back.
I do hope you can get out and enjoy some success and post something nice for us to see. I have seen instances where flooding stripped some of the soil away, making targets more accessible. You might get lucky in that respect.
Sorry to hear about all that flooding down your way. Shade is right though. Sometimes that kind of water flow opens up areas which were never available to detect. Surprised to hear that it's not a flood zone either. That is a lot of rain Ed!

Ed/ODF
Ed, sorry to hear about that bad weather and your friend's home. It is very devastating for sure, many folks here in NJ were crushed in superstorm Sandy and I did see it up close.
I worried about you when I saw the flooding down your way. You and your neighbors are in my prayers.
  I hope that getting a detector in your hands helps to ease things for you and that things settle down and return to normalcy.
   Good luck and happy hunting.
Pat
Thank you gentlemen for all of the kind words. I got out yesterday , didn't find a whole lot of stuff but it was awesome to swing a detector again.
I am way late on this thread sorry about your friends place. You know to much rain when can't even dig a hole  .. Happy for you getting out for awhile diggin sometimes makes everything better..
Reference URL's