Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #26 anudder Rosie!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to that spot where I found that 46 Rosie from the last post. This area has yielded a bunch of wheats for me too in the past so I thought I'd give it another go. Well I found a 42 and then a 44 wheat, not shown, along with a boatload of balled up foil and screwcaps. I knew it was foil because it rings up like a nickel most of the time but these sweeps were bigger than a nickel.

So I get about 12 feet away from those wheats and I get this weird 7-30, 6-29 digital where I'm getting a real high tone. I'm thinking wine bottle cap but I target what sounds like a penny. Out of the plug comes a 1961 Memorial. Well no memorial is going to throw a 29 or 30 on the conductive side so I recheck the hole with the Garrett Propointer AT and I have another signal in the side wall of the hole. Pop that out and what do ya know, a 64 Rosie. So I recheck the hole again. Under where I popped out the Rosie I find a rusty nail looking thing. Now the crazy thing is I am pretty sure I've been through that area several times, with the 6" coil. But today I opted for the 11" Pro Coil, and I turned my sense down to 16 because it's a very iron laden and trashy area and I got tired of all the iron squeeks even with IM set at 16 as well. So this little hunt surprised me. I wasn't swinging very fast because of all the trash. But I noticed that all the foil balls and heavy iron signals are about in a 8 foot wide path ~ 200' long. And the strange thing is once I get past that path edge,on either side, total silence except for some occasional nulling. It's almost eerie!

And it was a hot one here today, 90 F. I got an early start (11:00 am) and finished up around 2 pm. But not before I put my glasses, detector, pouch, phone and wallet down by the river bank and jumped in to cool off!!! Man, that was great! Just like being a kid again on summer vacation! Love it!!!! Yes Wife said I smelled like the river as soon as I walked in the door!! Chuckle Gotta dig out the snorkeling gear and go swimming the rock cracks soon!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Woohoo! Silver and a dip in the river, that's a great day!
It's hot here too Ed and the ground is baked. Even if I could get out for a hunt I wouldn't be able to dig. I can't decide which sounds better, the swim or the silver; glad you were able to get both of them.
(06-11-2016 08:40 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]It's hot here too Ed and the ground is baked. Even if I could get out for a hunt I wouldn't be able to dig. I can't decide which sounds better, the swim or the silver; glad you were able to get both of them.
Shade,

This was out in the woods and the ground there is still pretty soft. The grass here is the same as what you have. But I opted for the woods because of the shade. There was a real good breeze so that helped. But by 2 pm I just couldn't pass up a dip in the river! It's a free country and I was alone and cooling off! But as soon as I got out and headed for the truck, the flies were biting my legs. Wore shorts today. So it was, "Ouch, you bitch!" all the way to the truck!!! Chuckle

Ed
Congrats on the Rosie. Glad you got out to hunt. Were the biting flies attracted to the water or was they biting you the whole time hunting? I hate those jokers, their bite is worst than a mosquito most times. GL HH!
(06-12-2016 08:10 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the Rosie. Glad you got out to hunt. Were the biting flies attracted to the water or was they biting you the whole time hunting? I hate those jokers, their bite is worst than a mosquito most times. GL HH!

Thanks Up! Although that little dip in the river was great, it washed off all my repellent!!! So far this year I've only got one mosquito bite. Those flies are horrible. I don't know what trips their trigger but it's a seasonal pain every year here too!

Ed
Awesome Ed congrats on #26 . Your killing it while the flies are trying to kill you. Seems like repellent doesn't even help that much anymore. Thanks for sharing and glad you managed some digging time...
Nice find, congratulations
Reference URL's