Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: All work and no play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No  detecting for a while, I have been traveling across the country, showing people how to use minelabs at the gold shows. Just finished the show in Boise, Idaho and now am heading to Colorado to Denver for the show this weekend. I did find three more silvers before I left, but didn't take any pics yet. I did find a security guards badge and a handful of clad out here. First pic is Kevin Hoagland and me, he's president of the GPAA and star of the T.V. show Gold Trails and a good friend. Second pic is the minelab booth upside down, not sure why that happened? Next pic is a guy named Brandon Johnson who runs the GPAA shows. Real cool guy. Last pic is of my badge. Also Brandon niece was or guest at our booth signing autographs and selling his book the metaldetecting bible, from the show Dirt fishing america.
It's good to see you posting some pictures and stories again Leo. I'd bet a lot of us would change places with you in a heartbeat! It may be work for you, but it sure beats what I did for 40 years. Will you get a break or do those shows go on all year?
Yeah Leo, do you go all year long with those shows? And someone should write a book metal detecting places all year long.
I would definitely trade you jobs. Nice badge , it is great you got a little time to swing one of those Minelabs!
HH
Pat
Thanks guys, the shows go on the rest of the year, but Denver is the last one I go to, I work for a company called jobe, we are the metal detector wholesaler for the western region. We distribute minelab,Garrett, Fisher and Tecnetics also just about any kind of mineing equipment. I quit a good paying job, took a 50 percent pay cut and moved to Vegas from Sothern Cal. This job is way less stress, a lot of fun and I get half off all detectors and get to meet everyone in the world of detecting and get paid to talk detecting.. almost a dream job. Believe me if someone offered you this job, I think you might take it too. Hope to post more soon!
Great story Leo; thanks for sharing. I knew that you attended lots of the shows but thought maybe it was part-time or you were using your vacation in a neat way. You are very fortunate to have a job you love doing every day.  I hope the best of everything comes your way.
Leo you sure do get around and meet some cool people.. That badge is cool thanks for sharing your travel tales with us
I know the feeling. Hope you're able to get out there soon. Good Luck, and Happy hunting.
Nice badge Leo and good to hear from you! I'd pay them to do that job!! LOL!!!

Ed
Leo just in case you can't see from where you sit. We're all green with envy.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's