Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wheats & GS Snap Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to that area of woods I found the spill from my last post twice now. On the first trip I found the two wheats at the top of the photo about 1 foot apart. On the second trip I found the three wheats and a Girl Scout snap button essentially in the same plug area about 8 inches in diameter and about 50 feet from the first two wheats. So this is interesting to me because the snap button I believe was from a Girl Scout coin keeper. Thrift being one of their "mottos". I circled that area for a good 2 hours with nothing other than shotgun headstamps, a brass rifle casing and a whole lot of nails, not shown. Amazingly I found no tin foil or rusted cans, and I dug a lot of iron chirp just to see what it was. So they either cleaned the place up pretty good and took it with them or this was a field trip.

Anyway I don't think that spill and the previous one is related, because I did find a lot of tin foil from that spot. And this area that I'm posting today is a good 200 yards from that area. Real head scratcher. But a lot of fun trying to figure it out for sure!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
That's a pretty nice wheat harvest . I agree sometimes finds just make you wonder how they got to that spot.
   Very hot and barely any rain , I may have to take a drive and do some water hunting....
HH
Pat
Ed, cool digs. Those whet cents have dates close to 1940. Funny that there wasn't a silver. Oh well good luck next outing.
That's too cool Ed how your racking your head on this spot .. Nice little wheat spill budYes
Thanks to all! My days are filled with wonder at how all this stuff gets somehow right there where my coil and my determination find it. Figuring it out is another matter, but that too is the fun part. Happy Hunting you guys and gals, wherever you are!

Ed
That's a decent handful of Wheaties Ed!
Reference URL's