Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Copper count went up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gang! Went and did some detecting with the club treasurer Tracey.. We went to some old schools and parks and found clad couple bucks worth.  We wanted to change spots so I brought her to the farm Joe and I went too. Not very much found there either,  but on the way out to do a little spot near the house I get a solid 79 and crisp sounding signal. Vdi shows around 3 inches I scrape a plug and WHAM I see big copper 1775 KG was about two inches down.. Up at the small part behind the house first time doing that area I get a nickel signal real close to the surface. That close to surface I expect pull tab but nooo I see a nickel but looks like a buff glance again and see the v clear as day. This coin is in fantastic condition but extremely red in color pretty cool I say.. 1899 and was only about 2 inches Max... HAPPY HUNTING GANG STAY SAFE.. [attachment=8492] [attachment=8493]
Nice man! Glad to see you getting out with the club. The kg is sweet! My v nickle came out that color as well! Very cool. Keep it up manYes
Congrats on the KG and the V! 2 coins like that make the whole day!! Yes Beer I wish we could get V's like that condition around here. The pollution over the years has done a good job of toasting most of them!!

Ed
Nice copper digs Scott Yes

Beer
Congratulations, your in a good area, keep em coming!
Congratulations on the super old copper. Nice find! Hope you find a lot more too. Gl HH!
Real good double haul Scott. The V is superb. Looking back over the recent posts I can see you've been bringing in a good variety of finds. You are fortunate to be in an area where so much history took place.
Your KG III is in great shape. What a find for only 2" down!!
Reference URL's