Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nice end to a long string of hunts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you run out of high tones and iffy signals, you start digging everything else!!!

And here they are!

-1923 Cuyahoga County Dog Tag! There was a rivet from a leather collar but I can't find it.
-A silver plated spoon marked "R&B" on the back!
-3 wheats, a 45, 28 and an iffy, which were all 3 inches apart and sounded real, real good!

And that fellas ends my trips to that out of the way area of woods until the ground gets wet or I give it yet another try with a different coil and settings.

I still found new areas of foil and old thin aluminum screw caps as well as more headstamps. So I'm going to give that area a rest for now and head out in another section where I discovered some rock wall stacks along the borders of old farm fields back during the Winter. But it's a real hike down a valley, over a stream and up the other side! Oh well, a detectorist does what a detectorist does, I guess!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Liking the dog tagYesBeer the last few hunts have been great to you!
Best of luck on the journey ahead and safe travels! Sounds like a real hike!
GL and HH
(06-21-2016 07:36 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Liking the dog tagYesBeer the last few hunts have been great to you!
Best of luck on the journey ahead and safe travels! Sounds like a real hike!
GL and HH

Thanks Zack! It is a real hike. But, that's the shortest way in if I don't want to walk through the woods for 3/4 of a mile, jumping over fallen trees, wading through brush, doing and getting zip as I've learned on the past 2 tries on that route. That was the Winter when I had time on my hands. I tried the valley approach and it wasn't as bad as I thought so I'll be off that a way next outing. Good exercise too. This flat ground leafy crap gets boring after a while. Need a challenge to my physical endurance anyway. I can always get back by the "wimp" way anyhow.

If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger!Chuckle

Ed/ODF
Ed, so you don't have to go the gym this week, cool.
Cool old dog tag, she is a beauty. Congratulations.
I have done the same thing when his tones are non existent and it can be fun
(06-21-2016 09:31 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, so you don't have to go the gym this week, cool.
Cool old dog tag, she is a beauty. Congratulations.
I have done the same thing when his tones are non existent and it can be fun

Thanks Big T! That coming from from you is the "Best"! YesBeer

Ed
Those dog tags are so cool. We don't see them around here...but then again, we don't have any parks. Very nice!!
Nice dig/s Ed

some of those old dog tags bring good $$

may wanna check into/do a search on that one Yes

BeerBeer
Very nice picking Ed.. No more exercise for you at that spot.. Will be hoping for rain fir you  ..till next time bud.. Now investigating time
Nice find on the old dog tag. Wondering if its from a hunting dog or family pet.
(06-27-2016 11:23 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find on the old dog tag. Wondering if its from a hunting dog or family pet.

I'd bet hunting dog and in 1923 that area was still woods. It's bordered parallel on both sides by fencewire! Although we'll never really know. The collar rivet I found near it was pretty big so it must've been a big dog.

Ed
Reference URL's