Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I was banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
at Tom D's forum and I don't know why.
Last posting I made was letting folks know I was selling my Berkut on ebay.
I can log in, can't post and all my PM's were deleted.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discus..._threads=0

[attachment=8508]

Was banned from Treasure Depot years ago for posting a link on my website to theTD forum. Forum owner was pi---ed off and called my website a disgrace to the hobby and wanted his forum link removed..................

Findmall removed my website link this year, off my signature, forbidden to insert the link.

I'm on a roll here.............Bandit
Sven , I don't think it's what you think.
I have had similar issues on Tom's forum and it had to do with the IP address not anything I posted. My bride frequently resets the wireless modem we use because her tablets won't hook up to the internet and the resets evidently generate a new IP address. After numerous exchanges with Wally ,Tom's webmaster , it became evident that occasionally those "new" IP addresses happen to be one that have generated spam on Tom's site before and he has them banned/blocked. I don't even know who we get service from but it's one of the big providers like Qwest or Verizon , she takes care of all that but they must use blocks of Ip addresses.
Did you recently have a power loss or reset your IP address inadvertently?
Try finding another IP address and see if the notice disappears. I had to do it about 4 or 5 times the last time before I came up with a "clean" address
Sorry to hear about all that banning stuff there Sven. I am not the leader but I'd say you and we as a group are in pretty good hands here at TC! I get pretty wild on my posts sometimes because that's just the way I am. I keyboard my mind and whatever comes out comes out and haven't had as much as a scolding from the NY/NJ fella. Although Joe's philosophy is one of hey, we are all people and we love the hobby and we all have quirks of one sort or nuther and that's life. He's got posted rules and regs and they aren't difficult to follow. It's not a free for all I know but it's a great place to be for detecting. And I love the Classifieds here. Man I wish I could hit the lotto. I'd get a passport to visit Canada and a really nice RV and go visit you and all you guys and take in a week's worth of detecting with each of you!

But seriously, with all the tech you have under your belt, all the finds you've made, all the detector reviews you've done, I consider your situation to be our gain and their loss. Too bad for them IMHO! CC (Community Correctness) has it's limits! People with new ideas and thoughts are the first ones to go in this field. It's a shame when you think about it.

Keep on keepin' on Swen.

Ed/ODF
No power outage or reboot of the modem.
Did send an email to Tom.
I now remember SkiWhiz had the same problem.
Want me to post on Tom's..."Hey, what happened to Sven?!?" Chuckle

Just sent you a PM at Tom's site.
Yeah sounds like a good idea.
Tried sending you a PM thru Toms, that didn't work either. So I emailed a quick note.
Reference URL's