Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Jewelry piece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this today. What is it?
The more I look at it, I think maybe it hung vertically with something on the end like a medal. The whole thing is symmetrical except for the eye rings on the ends. They are opposite 90°. Any thoughts?
Is that an eyelet on the right or a hook? Hard to tell from the angle.
If it's a hook I would guess it was some type decorative "hasp" that went into a hole punched in a leather strap or something. It might be off of a purse or something.
Does it bend enough for the ends to meet?
The eye on one end is open. I didn't think of it being a hook. I thought it was just a broken eye. It does easily bend so the ends can meet. It's very flexible like a chain.
Maybe there were a series of them "hook and eyed" together to form a belt or something,,,that would explain the 90 degree rotation of the eyes/hooks. That style is not that much different than a lot of the  concho belts from out here in the Southwest. As you can tell I have no real idea.

One thing I'm sure of is that the diamond shape in the center is made .9999 rhodium Wink
(09-26-2013 06:06 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there were a series of them "hook and eyed" together to form a belt or something,,,that would explain the 90 degree rotation of the eyes/hooks. That style is not that much different than a lot of the  concho belts from out here in the Southwest. As you can tell I have no real idea.

One thing I'm sure of is that the diamond shape in the center is made .9999 rhodium Wink

How can you tell it is rhodium? I just looked that up and it said it is a rare platinum type metal. It's a small piece though probably not worth much.
WinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Reference URL's