Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A Hound Dog, The FR and an Old 1850s Homestead :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

73/74 degrees here in my neck of the woods today = OUTSTANDING day to grab the FR, take the hound out and go huntin/diggin an old homesite I found about a week ago out scouting Yes

Turned out to be a very good day to go diggin as it's been too long since I've had one like today and far too long since I've hit silver in the 1850s!

The site is to the right of the tree in the 1st pic of that plowed up mess of a field the farmer didn't plant this year for some reason. Nasty iron/nail infested site but the FR sliced right through it all and pulled me some goodies.

Worth mention:
1851 3 cent star (2nd one I've ever found)!
1868 2 center
1866 Injun
rusty old heart lock
old pocket knife
buckle of some sort
old broken spoon
doo dads/misc

HH and hope you'all are getting out too.

[Image: IMG_3035_zpsdf09tksl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3077_zpsnuwtsoxk.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3078_zpstbyf53zt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3079_zpskws6vdvn.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3080_zpsiojb586t.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3081_zpsmfc9hdyo.jpg]
Great hunt by anybody's standards. That 3 cent star is a real prize. And the 2 cent coin isn't shabby either! Love the designs on the old coins. Bet there's more in that field.
That 3 cent is awesome! Great day, for sure man, congrats! Two center as well with a Indian! The lock is great too and a cute dog! Keep it up man, you're doing great with the FR YesYes
An Indian makes a great hunt for me , add in a 2 cent piece and it is outstanding , but then get a silver 3 cent and it blows my mind.  That site looks like a keeper.
   I hope you get out more before the heat gets turned back up.
HH
Pat
Terrific finds, congratulations!
Outstanding man.. Love seeing a trime found cause it's not often  great hunt thanks for sharing with us
Fabulous hunt MRH!! Between the weather, the research, the location and the dog, you just had a "Dream" Hunt!!!! CONGRATS! YesBeerBeerBeer

And I've never seen a 3 center like that! So great post man!

Ed
Man that one great hunt you had. Hope you have many more .
Nice Wayne!
Thanks Guys

Hey Ray

you been getting out in Gold country out there?

Last I seen you were doing pretty good on the relics Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's