Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: No Detecting today but a visit to coin machine gives up silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to go to stores for the weekend BBQ stuff. I took a stroll by the coin machine and got lucky to find # 25 - a 1960 D Roosevelt dime - no brag just a happy.
Good luck out there to all who venture out
Good thing you were vigilant. I expect most people would have put that in their pocket and spent it at the next stop. I always scan my change and do well with wheaties, but haven't found silver in about 6 or 7 years. Luck, aided by a good eye, counts just like a dug coin.
Oh cool thanks Shade, I love checking it is like another type of hunting to me
Good shit man! I always check my change now but no luck. Tons of 1965 quarters Sad
Zach I know what you mean on the 1965 quarters, crazy amount of them still out there.
Doesn't matter how you get it, it's still silver. I'd love to find a person hiking in the woods who stumbles across a chest of gold or silver coins, and leaves it there, since they didn't find it with a metal detector. I have a buddy that used to own vending routes, and he told me the amount of silver/old/foreign/odd coins he found over the years was in the thousands. Nothing rare, but it was all easy pickins.

Joe
Well I am enjoying the little things in life, they are there if you look
I don't know, maybe I'm getting Dementia, but every time I walk past one of those things I think, "Wow, they got one too!", never thinking to go take a look and see if the rejects are still in the tray!!!! Well, congrats Big T!! Yes You're one up on me! Silver is silver! You're still in good shape! You remember!

Ed
Great way to built up your silver count without having to dig
Ed, it's like seeing a penny on the side walk, I can't pass them up.

Bob, yeah it's not dirt fishing but it's close to coin roll hunting without all of the work
Reference URL's