Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Friday & Today Wheats, 43 P War!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been working my arse off trying to get all the field patching done and fixing all the iniquities with the never ending repairs of the irrigation systems which can be immense at times. "I fixed this last year, why is there still a puddle here when the system for this section is turned OFF?". And the usual brain cage response is, "Dig it up."

And now you know why I "Dig it."

Thursday, well that was an irrigation nightmare. Faults in control lines, solenoids gone bad, heads broken. I looked like a pottery clay thrower by the end of the day after a dig it up clay orgasm... I was a wreck when arriving home. At 5 pm, the wife says from the kitchen, "What are you doing home? Thought you'd be out detecting on such a nice day?" Then she comes out of the kitchen and sees me and says, "Don't come in any further, strip right there and go take a shower, I'll put your clothes in the wash."

Friday, fixed a major 2" main leak with the city's help of a backhoe, (real "man" kinda treasure chest digging, but just a flipping leak), then headed for the woods.

After a four hour trek through an area where I'd been before, 45 minutes to get there, I found a 45 ACP live round, as well as some fired rounds at what must have been a target area. Then on the way back bumped into a wheat, a wheat, then another, all about four feet apart, then in ten minutes a 1938 Buff, 8 feet away. So it wasn't all for not.

Also that afternoon, way out in the woods, met 2 people from the Metroparks doing the annual tree survey. One was an Agri Forester and the other a Biologist. They were happy as hell to see me and answer all my questions about what they were doing. Which is pretty involved and I won't go into it here. Nice break though.

Then today, well it's the Fourth weekend. Let's see, catch up on remaining laundry, go see the Assistant Chief for an OK on the yearly fireworks on OUR fields, WalMart, BEER, ICE, pick up the wife's brother for a weekend visit, walk the dog, clean the flipping truck out, GO DETECTING at 4 pm.

And the result: 1.5 hours, found a wheat first, 40 something, then 10 inches away, a screamer 9-08, 10-08, and at 1 inch down, scrubbed it with the glove, a definite silver nickel. I thought it was a pull tab before I dug it. The tone made it a certain "iffy".

Dig it!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

And enjoy our independence day sanely and safely!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
You are one busy dude Ed. Don't know how you summon up the energy to trudge through the woods on a hunt after all that, unless it's a type of pressure relief valve for you. Several good finds there---especially the silver nickel! Nice.

Hope you and the family enjoy the 4th and if you're handling those fireworks for the parks please be careful. They are spectacular but they can be very dangerous too.

I like the narrative aspect of your posts. Makes me feel like I might have been there with you as a hunting companion.
(07-03-2016 08:41 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]You are one busy dude Ed. Don't know how you summon up the energy to trudge through the woods on a hunt after all that, unless it's a type of pressure relief valve for you. Several good finds there---especially the silver nickel! Nice.

Hope you and the family enjoy the 4th and if you're handling those fireworks for the parks please be careful. They are spectacular but they can be very dangerous too.

I like the narrative aspect of your posts. Makes me feel like I might have been there with you as a hunting companion.

Thanks Shade!

Oh God no I don't handle the fireworks. The fire department and the cops have the area cordoned off like a prison. As it is only 2 firemen with a pumper are even allowed in the general area of the firework launch location. On the street side at the fences they put up signs that say anyone caught breaking the fence barrier is subject to criminal trespass charges and jail. LEO take this stuff real serious! Even the service department foremen can't get near it. It is one of the largest firework displays in the county! The place is a literal zoo on the fourth. I've watched them in years past when the kids were growing up but gave it up a long time ago because the traffic out afterward is a nightmare.

I sometimes don't have the energy shade. I go anyway. That stint I did on and off in those woods was pretty tough on me this week. Lot of up and down hard trails and after about three hours my lower back and hips really ache. It takes me longer to get out than in as I ache so much. But knowing where to go now and where to stay out of, that helps narrow my target base down.

The fourth for us is just another weekend holiday. We're planning to go over my one son's place for a cookout and to watch what we can see from his place. But now they're saying rain steady from 1 pm on that day so I think that'll be a bust. Fine with me. I'll just wear out my recliner a little more! Chuckle

Ed
Congratulations on # 38....wow I have a one way to go to catch up to you.

I am glad that you are getting your exercise in without going to the gym.....

Hopefully you will have a few brews and enjoy the forth!
Nice little hunt Ed. War nickels are always a great find.
Congrats on the Silver and those other finds too. Wheaties and Buffs are always welcomed at my house. Its hard to find even a wheat around here. Good luck and happy hunting!
I  gotta agree with Shade , I don't know if I'd have the energy to trudge through the woods and detect after a day like that.
  The war Nickle is a great find. It would have been interesting to chat with the tree guys as well.
GL & HH
Pat
Ed your a mad man but I love it..  Your dedication to this hobby is unreal.  Very nice finds and congrats on #38Beer
Strip right there you clay orgasm you! Lol. Sounds like a...fun day! Not to shabby of a hunt either. Congrats on the silver Ed Yes
Reference URL's