Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another Unkown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These things are always turning up at late at late 1850 to 60s sites.
Any ideas?
Thanks for lookin'
Very interesting. Not very sure...
BUMP
GL on the I.DYesYes
I'd like to know what they are also. At first I thought they were flat link drive chains, like I have seen on some very early farm equipment that delivered power from one sprocket to another. But these appear too thinĀ and too long to serve as such. It does look as though they were meant to be adjustable for what ever use they had--binding or hanging or retaining something.
Are they magnetic or made of copper?
brass each link about 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long
Those look like the old chain that held up the window weight at my grandparents old house
Those are links to a chain from an old "chandelier"/lamp. Period items for the gold rush!!

You are in a good area. We were stumped when we first found these as well. But we got them IDed and a buddy shared some info with me.

Found the pic I was after.

Sometimes you find the fancy metal work in the same area. or the lamp parts --we usually call them lantern parts but they are usually off hurricane lamps or oil lamps like these. This lamp is a Cornelius & Co.
Looks like Ron is in the know. I didn't have a clue, and have never seen or heard of them. Hope to find some in my area since it is a sign of good area. Thanks for the info Ron, and good luck caprock!
Thanks for the thread on this , and thanks to Ron for the ID. It's nice to learn something new , I probably would have just put these into the old junk pouch....
Pat
Real good call Ron. Nothing takes the place of experience. I would never have guessed the right answer.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's