Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Drive in movie theaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took Cassandra on a surprise date to the drive ins last night! Was a good time besides her falling asleep during the first movie! Got there at 8:45 for independence day and then the movie we both really wanted to see...Tarzan at 11:05. Ended up getting home at 1:15! Was pretty fun and not too expensive! Only $30 for the both of us for both movies, a coffee and a cheese fry! Not bad! Enjoy the 4th all!
Cool. Did you look for a grassy area outside of the snak shop? That is where the coins will be hidding, ha ha ha
It was dark so I couldn't see much! But I've always wanted to detect it! I'm sure there's so much trash and clad but it was built in 1949 so I'm sure there quite a few silvers around. It also closed 1989 and reopened in 2004!
Cool! I've never had anyone fall asleep on a movie date before! (Not!) Avatar no less.(She said it was too predictable cowboys and indians stuff!) There's only one functional drive in remaining over here. Sad to see because there used to be dozens. They were a fun night out!

Ed
We used to have a drive in close by , it was a great night out. When it closed down a few years ago I got detect it .
   I found a lot of clad and junk , but not even one silver.....
   That is a keeper for date night , I hope Cassandra enjoys it , good cheap date ideas are getting harder to come by.
I've never been to a drive-in movie. I remember a fella on a forum though, back a number of years ago, who had a few near the town he lived in, somewhere down south, but they all closed down. He wound up getting permission to detect them, and he'd reguarly post about his hunts. He found a ton of clad & jewelry, as well as some old coins.

Used to be, drive-in's were baby making meccas, back in the day. Do you actually remember any of the movie, Zach??? Chuckle

Joe
Reference URL's