Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A buffalo in my change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week I was at the National Model A Ford convention and went to the local Krogers to pick up a couple of things. They have the cashier setup where the coin part of the change is dispensed by the machine.  I got a no date buffalo Nickle from it, it made me really want to dirt fish ( I still haven't , the rains keep missing us and the ground is like a rock)

We all had a great time , my ride even made the front page of the local paper , kind of cool that out of over 400 cars , mine was the one they chose.
Pat
[attachment=8564]
Nice finds like this come along every so often; maybe more often than we realize, given our busy hectic pace. Glad you had the good eye to spot that one. I would also like to see pics of your car.
Congrats on the buffalo! I'll send some rain for ya today Tongue best of luck out there! Sound's like a good day! Let's see the car! If you don't mind Cool
Gotta love those finds, very cool, congratulations
That's a rare find for change and it's great you got it! It'll become harder and harder to find that old stuff in ordinary change I'm afraid. Lucky find!

What was your ride? That's deserves a pic too!

Ed
Sorry this took so long , I recently had a hard drive crash and lost most of my pictures. I had to dig through old camera memory or take the iPad over to the garage I keep her in to get a fresh pic.
   This picture is a little old , but the car is a 1929 Ford business coupe.
[attachment=8574]
WOW! All I can say is Wow! Other than that I am just about speechless. Pat I think it's the finest restoration I have ever seen. You must be very proud of it.
Thanks Shade , the picture makes it look a lot nicer than it is , most of the mechanicals are done , but the paint has some checking and some chips and fading in it.
   A new paint job done right would be around 4 grand and the wife is down sick again. I like it being a driver anyway , if I put a correct paint job on it I would baby it and be afraid to take her out much.
   As it is we go on tours with it and hit a couple of car shows and convention when it is within a couple hundred miles ( a long drive without the modern conveniences of today's cars).
  Sorry to go on so much , I guess I am pretty proud of it. I am more proud of the passengers in this picture though , they've grown a lot since this was taken.
Thanks for the compliments.
Pat
I am saddened to learn that your wife is ill. Best wishes to you and your family. I know full well the hardships that arise when a spouse is suffering. It's obvious that you have your priorities straight, but don't forget to take care of yourself while you are caring for all the rest.
Thanks Shade.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's