Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A big surprise last week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, last week when I came home from my 2 day detecting trip I came home to this!
It was a huge surprise!
Cassandra has been working two jobs and wanted to surprise me with something I've been wanting. Which was very sweet of her.
It's been awhile since I've played console games and they're pretty fun.

Also, back in the day...! What consoles did everyone used to play on or currently play?

Also, that's a calzone for anyone who doesn't know. Ricotta and mozzarella cheese... YumYesYes
Zach, she is a keeper, very cool gifts.

I played Atari and after my son became of age - we played Zelda together.
I'm an old guy so  I had a Super Nintendo  ( Super Mario rocks). 
My kids are still stuck with an X box 360 , they haven't asked for an upgrade yet , they online game on the laptop and tablets.

Cassandra takes very good care of you , I hope you know how lucky you are.
The calzone looks awesome , I like a little meat in mine though....
Pat
Man Zach! You have a winner of a girl! My kids (in their 30's) all want me to play halo or some such thing but I just don't have the brain hand coordination to do it. But as Big T related, I grew up with pong and centipede and asteroids. Which today is like naming dinosaurs but was a lot of fun when my boys were young!!! I held on for a number of years with Wolfenstein on the computer and loved every second! Chuckle Now it's solitaire and bubble shooter. Much less stress!

Eating cheese calzones (I used to love the meat ones in Manhattan and the boroughs.) and playing Xbox! Whoa!!! Hope you hold off on too much of that until Winter, when you're both snowed in. It's a lot more fun then!!!

Ed
That is a nice surprise. Hope you get some good games and have a blast! Cassandra is  an angel Zach. You are one lucky fella and I sure hope you know it.

I'm like Ed, can't even handle the simple games that my kids can do blindfolded. Even Frogger, if you remember that one, was a challenge for me.

Never had a calzone, but it sure looks tasty.
Thanks guys! I plan on keeping her around for as long as possible! I've played the old games too! They are fun when drinking with friends but that's it for me. I grew up with n64 and I loved it. Other than that I used to play a bunch of computer games too
Nice Yes I had Atari when it first came out. Then everyone went nuts for Sega. I never got the hit with the video game addiction though, with one exception...

There was a video store (remember those?) around the corner from my house while growing up. They had a game in there called ARKANOID. The premise was, you had to bounce a ball off of your launch pad, in order to break all the bricks on-screen, and then you'd advance to a higher level. I could clear the entire game on one quarter. Something about the game put me in a trance, and I'd play a couple times per week.

Aahhh, to be young again Beer

Joe
Great way to past the time on rainy days when you aren't detecting. Don't play many of those's games but I do like to play subway surfer with my granddaughter she is 5 and can play better than me.
Reference URL's