Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May the five Dallas police officers that were killed in the line of duty rest in peace,
through Christ our Lord. Amen.
RJ
How long will it take Blunderer in Chief to call it a hate crime?
A real tragedy I'm afraid in that the people who were legally gathered for a protest and had police protection were used as an excuse for a man with a semi auto weapon to devastate an already tense national situation. Talk of false flags and idiots claiming "assault" weapons will flourish when we who are informed because we want to be, know better. As far as the POTUS is concerned, I really think this threw him a curve as he is just a puppet of a larger system anyway. However it comes out, those officers involved were doing their job trying to "keep the peace". I commend them for their efforts but feel wary of the future in that lone gunman are very hard to profile and find. A person with a mindset to do something can always slip through the cracks. Therein lies more loss of liberty. More laws and regulation. And in my opinion, more of a Fascist State.

A LEO friend of mine told me on the occasion of another long ago event, "Don't take it for granted that all cops are as sharp as a pencil." And I believed him then, as now. You can wear a vest, carry a gun, be the baddest SOB on the sector, but in the end, it's what's between your ears that counts. Lately, LEO seems to be really on EDGE about racial profiling. I can see where some people would lash out. And far as we have seen. I woke up from a nap at midnight and picked it up on Google News as the top headline and watched from then on to a live broadcast from NBC in Dallas until 3 am.

I have sympathy for the Dallas Police Department. I regret the useless loss of life to the staff because of such an incident and have them in my prayers. But how do we catch the crazies? With plans and attitudes to destroy life. Banning guns and such is not going to work. There have to be other means available.

And if Obummer declares it a hate crime, what about Minnesota and Baton Rouge and all the prior areas? Who hates and fears who? The problem is hate in general. How do we fix that?

If we need to pray for anything, pray to stop hatred. Especially racial hatred. Be aware, but be a human being too.

Ed
Sad  The police shootings and the lone wolf "retaliation" have me deeply troubled.
I wish people would wait until the investigations are done to react , all they see is a white cop shooting a black man and that makes it awful. ( anyone shooting anyone is awful). Protests have their place , and what the media tells us makes these shootings see very unjustified , I just want people to get the facts before they wind up protesting the wrong thing.
   Why does shooting cops in Texas help to get even for shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota? 
   I was a firefighter/ emt for a lot of years in a small rural area and we never knew what was waiting for us on a response , most of the calls were legit , but I was hit with a guitar , threatened with a sword and by another wanting to beat the crap out of us.
   Then there were the arson calls and a couple of standby calls for drug labs. And every suicidal subject call or the pissed off drunks were scary.
   I get why a cop pulls their weapon on more occasions than you might expect , they want to go home to their family every night.
   Getting pulled over kind of spooks me now too....
Reference URL's