Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: MY FIRST PROPER HUNT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On Sunday I went on a hunt on the beach with my new Garrett ace 200i! 
I found what seems to be a fishing sinker and two unknowns,one of which I suspect to be a British fired bullet
That's a good start. I'm sure the good stuff was hiding from you on your first day. Keep at it.
Hey there Viper. I'm happy to see you've gotten that first hunt under your belt. Each time you go out you'll learn more, like whether your detector works best in dry sand or wet sand when you're at the beach. And you'll learn what the machine is telling you with all its signals; like learning a new language almost. Just keep digging everything. Thanks for showing your results and keep posting too, we all want to see how you progress. Best wishes to you.
(07-12-2016 02:29 PM)Groundhog Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good start. I'm sure the good stuff was hiding from you on your first day. Keep at it.

Thanks! I'm sure I will have something amazing to show eventually!

(07-12-2016 03:56 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there Viper. I'm happy to see you've gotten that first hunt under your belt. Each time you go out you'll learn more, like whether your detector works best in dry sand or wet sand when you're at the beach. And you'll learn what the machine is telling you with all its signals; like learning a new language almost. Just keep digging everything. Thanks for showing your results and keep posting too, we all want to see how you progress. Best wishes to you.

Thanks!! I've even already worked out about sand, dry sand is good,wet is really bad, whenever the machine goes onto the wet sand, the salt makes the target id keep going to 99 about every 30 seconds! I will try to get out in the evenings on weekdays (my weekends are too busy for about 4 weeks) and I'll try to work out as much as I can about my machine!
Nice start, and as you found out the machine will false on wet sand. Yes, the mineral in the salt will cause most (Maybe all) single frequency machines to do that. I have heard some folks have lowered the sensitively on a few and was able to hunt with less falsing. However, I got the impression it was not very productive.

So stay in dry sand unless your on a freshwater beach until you at least understand what the machine is telling you.

The machines I use are dual frequencies machines and they are more expensive. But, I have found and seen some of the nicest finds come from the dry sands.

You have lots of history over there. Do your research and try to determine where the activities took place. Remember the beach's shore line is always changing and I have seen it change the normal dry sand areas too. Normally after a big storm pushes the water up there pulls the sand out.

Good luck and hope you find more and more neat stuff! Thanks for sharing.
I hope the Garrett is everything you had hoped for ! Like others have told you dig every signal until you get the feel for it.
   Beach hunting takes a little getting used to.
  I am quite curious about the new Garretts and I will be watching your posts to see how well it does.
Pat
Ok good hunt. My first hunts were a learning expierance too. Just try to set your machine as best you can and if it goes crazy maybe there is too much iron in that sand area. Move to a better location and keep learning your machine
Yeaaahhh Buddy!!! That's what it's about, finding targets. It may not be a old coin or relics or jewelry yet, but you were able to find stuff, which is great. Soon enough you'll continue learning the machine and what ID is what and so much more useful info. Keep at it, swing low, swing slow and I'll guarantee you'll be posting some goodies very soon!
GL and HH and be patient!
Zach
This is only the first step in a long journey Viper!! The more you use your machine the more you'll understand and get better at it. For a first try in saltwater wet and dry beach, you did pretty damn good. Keep us posted!!

Ed
We
 All start somewhere man. Any time digging and fi:yes:nding relics is a great day.. Keep up the hunt
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's