Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: nice surprise-reclaimed treasure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today while searching through some boxes stored in a shed near where my home once stood I found an envelope filled with old coins. They were part of my coin collection that fell into the ruins of the house following a fire in 1999. I sifted through the rubble for days trying to salvage what I could, and I saved quite a few and tried to clean them up a bit and put them away. These were found last and just got stashed away in the hectic days after the fire while we were dealing with restarting and rebuilding our lives and our home. A quick clean up showed 2 '64 Kennedy halves, 3 Franklin halves, 1 Walking Liberty half, an unknown silver quarter, 20 mercs, , 6 silver Ikes, 10 wheats, an 1898 Indian, an unknown Indian, a buffalo and a V nickel. I'm very happy tonight because these were lost from my memory and could easily have been tossed in a clean up as there was nothing but assorted junk from the fire in those boxes, and no real reason to keep them. Thanks for taking a look with me.
That is great news and recovery with a lot of memories. I'm so glad you found them, and it is truly a nice collection. Probably more so now. I hope for smooth sailing ahead for you and your family. Thanks for sharing.
Nice catch and some real digging about. Am very happy that you found them! This must be a revelation to you as they were so out of mind for some time. Congrats to you Shade. They are some fine pieces of silver! Yes

Ed
Wow, that was a cool find, congratulations! You must have had a feeling for those nice coins!
Shade, buddy! That's great to hear ! I'm glad you were able to find it. Those are beautiful coins and you deserve it. Hope all is well and take care,
Zach
What a pleasant surprise. I hope it wasn't a little bitter sweet thinking about the fire .
That is a nice stash of silver.
Pat
Thanks for the notes about the found coins. Don't really know how I forgot about them for so long. Many have black char marks on them as you see in photo, and several have molten metal debris stuck to them, but they are still mighty pretty to me. It's like seeing old friends again.
Reference URL's