Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hard rain here today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We had a hard rain today for about 90 minutes. I might be able to get to digging tomorrow but in this heat who really knows
I hope that rain has softened the ground enough for you to do a little hunting tomorrow, but if the weather reports are right, it will still be hot. Maybe you can do like Leo does out in Vegas and hit the turf early. It will take a lot of rain to get the ground in good order here. It is so dry that my yard has cracked like an old dry lake bed. No hunting here! Good luck to you if you do give it a try.
Hey big tony! Hope ya were able to get out today. Weather wasn't bad here in Vineland until later in the day with the storm. I think its starting to cool down a bit too? Hope so...
Take it easy and GL and HH
I hope you can get out and hunt , I have had severe weather roll through 3 times and then the heat and humidity just pops right back in , the ground just isn't staying soft for very long.
   I hope to see a couple of great finds posted by you soon.
Pat
Yeah, you guys had it right, blue sky and sunshine along with heat and humidity.
Oh well, dreaming is good.
Good luck if you can go out Big T. I've been out working soccer in this beastly weather everyday since Monday before last. Yesterday, at my desk, I had my arm leaning on a legal pad and when I lifted it, I tore a page off. Talk about sticky! Try that ice in the hand towel thing I mentioned to Scott. It'll at least keep it bearable until the ice melts. One of the coaches told me they sell those things. Like one of those things you put at the bottom of the door to keep the cold out. Except you freeze this one in the fridge.

Stay cool if you can, hydrate and don't push it. Hope you get more rain too. We are dry as a bone here. I've got the irrigation on the fields higher than it's ever been and there are still brown spots here and there on the drained fields. I'm glad I'm not paying the water bill!!!

Ed
Hope you got out, unless it emptied the buckets 90 mins of rain might not of soften the ground. I hope so, Good luck.
Thanks guys but it was so hot and humid after that rain , I ran back inside the house....crazy summer we are having in NJ
Reference URL's