Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally a few minutes to dig some
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been really dry the past 4 weeks, rather than make yellow spots on the school yards, took a little break.
Couldn't take it any more just staring at the Quest every day I walk into my office.
After finishing fixing up on my wife's friends computer this afternoon, grabbed my gear and headed to the local school yard for a quick fix.
Same place I go  all the time for a short hunt, only a couple minutes away from the house.

For about two and a half hours digging, found a handful of coins (approx. $5), a key, a nail, foil, tiny foil, canslaw, a few bottle caps and pulltabs.
Hunted in both all metal  and disc modes.
Settings in AM:
Threshold -4
Gain 85-90
Extremely stable operation.

Disc mode:
ID at 35
Gain 85
Played with the different tones, I prefer 2+ overall.
Again extremely stable, there was on area I had to turn the gain down to 65

Today I was noticing on Canadian clad dimes if the target ID bounces between 25 and 60 and theres a flash of an 79-80's. Time to dig.
Looks like that machine is working pretty good and I'm glad you could get out. I like the style it has but still wondering about all the whiz bang stuff it can do.

We're in the same boat down here with the rain. BUT now they're saying 90's from Tuesday on and T storms each of those days. So we'll get the rain but it'll be Miami humidity for the North Shore!!

Ed
Whiz bang stuff?
Just your basic functions mostly. Mostly set it, forget it , holds in memory your settings, so you can turn on, GB, an go detecting. Unless you mean frequency shift and choice of tones for disc mode.
Its so lightweight with the 5" coil, Tesoros feel heavy.
Sounds impressive. Glad you got out to hunt.
Good to see you got out Sven!
Here's a picture
[attachment=8661]

About $5.75 and some other items of interest, one is a Navy button
And a ring for the day, even if it is iron
Nice about of finds. Can't remember the last time I found over 5 dollars in clad. It's only been a few times every, and it was a long hunt with a pocket spill. Gj Sven.
Nice Sven must have been great to dig a hole. Even can slaw is nice when haven't been out for awhile..
Reference URL's