Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hi! New guy from Southern California
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys! I am still a little new to detecting, I have had my Nokta Fors Core for a little over a year I really like it. I have only went to the beach a few times but what I really want to do is go find some nuggets. But I did find my first gold with my new sluice box two weeks ago, 1st TRY! Happy  I live in Orange County CA, so if anyone wants to go detecting or sluicing some time I love to get out in the fields.

Anyone think I should get a used ATX? Happy

One more question I started a account to buy a new detector but I had to make a new account for the forums? Does that sound correct?
Nice gold ! Welcome to the forum from southern Michigan. 
Yes you did need to start a new account for the forum.
I look forward to seeing more great finds.
Pat

Ps I'm a little jealous of the people who live in gold country , in my neck of the woods we just don't have gold like that ( or if we do I don't know about it Happy )
Glad to have you as a new member. I would love to see you find and post some gold nuggets and beach gold too! Hope you have something for us to see very soon.
There were a few pit type gold mines here in Va at the turn of the century, but nothing really big. There are no fast moving, cutting streams here where sluicing and panning could be done, so like Pat said, I am a bit envious of the opportunity you have.
Thanks guys! Nice to meet you, I am super greatfull but I'm mad at my self I didn't get into this when I lived in the mother lode area of NorCal, I would fish and snowboard. The gpaa meeting is in my old town of Sonora this next week I might head up Happy I will post pictures it's hard to get motivated when I'm the only person I know that does this, my grandpa loved it tho too...
Hello again melo. You might want to check out Leo Aranza's post here today on show and tell. He travels the gold/prospecting/MDing show circuit representing MD manufacturers during the show season. He posts his upcoming stints from time to time, and if he's at a show near you in the future, you'd do well to drop by for a visit. He knows MDing inside out.
Welcome to the group and nice gold!
Welcome from up the coast from you in Santa Cruz!
Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on the nugget! Look forward to hearing you stories.
Welcome to the group from NE Ohio!! NICE GOLD!! Absolutely nothing like 24K in the pan!! Same story here on the gold. We've got some placer stuff down mid Ohio way but it's all claims and such. So I guess I'm stuck with finding gold rings, when the rare occurrence happens! You should also check out Ron and Mark's YouTube channel, "California Relic Adventures". They find some whoppers out there! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmGnmFUwq6k

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
welcome the gold looks great maybe a atx or a gpx 4500 would even help. I wish I had time I would come out and visit I am in central wisconsin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's