Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got spanked at the beach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to the beach with my friend Jim and met-up with Mel and his buddy Joel. we met -up at Huntington and as we walked on the beach 5 hardcore guys I know were just leaving from hunting all night. We decided to head up the coast and hit Cherry beach, a skinny long beach in Long Beach that connects to Bolsa Chica beach. I pounded and worked every inch of sand I could get my coil over, found a few keepers and a ton of change, I ended up with $31.12 in change, stainless steel spinner ring, gold over silver earing and a bunch of garbage, Mel found a nice big gold ring with arabic writeing on it, Mels buddy left after an hour and my friend Jim just found change. Had a great time, hope to go again soon, now back to the oven - this weeks temps in Vegas 110 and over - ouch. Saw two gold ring come out of the ground in two days - I was in the right area, just didnt get my coil over them. Congrats to Jim and Mel!Thanks for lookin!
Maybe you found no gold , but the time detecting with friends is golden. It was still a good hunt , you got enough clad to pay for dinner or gas and had a great day at the beach.
   Try to stay cool as best you can and please don't send that heat this way. We finally caught a break we are in the 80s all week. Too bad I gotta work overtime this week Speechless.
   Hope to see some more great hunts and congrats to your buddy on the ring.
Pat
Beats me!!! I found a trapper's trap, another pocket knife and a 2005 nickel! $32 is a great amount of change there Leo! Yes And I think that ring lettering may be Hebrew.

Ed
Hey Leo. Sorry you didn't personally score big on beach gold, but still looks like a good hunt with your buddies. I'm beginning to see that timing is as important as place when it comes to beach hunting. Only so much territory and lots of people wanting to hit that spot of sand. $32 bucks is a good payday in my book.
Sounds like a nice hunt. Maybe next time you will have yellow staring back at you. Large amount of clad! Never found that much at our beaches. Your beach must be better. Good luck, and thanks for sharing.
Oh man Leo how was your back feeling after all that digging.. 32$ holy crapYawn
I think I speak for all of us in Ohio just having a beach like that is Gold enough Happy We have some beaches but they aren't as active as that one looks.
Got spanked at the beach , I hope she was cute! 
TongueTongueTongue
What a beautiful spot! Nice chunk of change for the coffee jar. A ring is a ring, and stainless is still cool.
Reference URL's