Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Machine! Still Detecting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To make a real long story short, my brother, the arrowhead guy, hearing of my dilemma, bought me a brand new Garrett AT Pro for my upcoming birthday in November. Not only was I surprised, I was almost in tears! He told me he wanted me to have a machine that I can take out in any weather and do the rivers and such as well.

Now my SE Pro still works, but I have no discrimination whatsoever. No Reset, No Smartscreen, No Threshold Tone, No Iron Mask. Everything else works. To be very honest, I left the SE in my truck 24/7 and I was caught out in the rain and T storms, snow storms several times. So somewhere the board has a fault. I'm going to call Minelab and beg them! Wish me luck!

As far as the AT Pro is concerned, I had one for about 3 months of use in the Fall/early Winter prior to my purchase of the SE Pro in the following late of winter. So I'm not really a newbie to it. I can say that compared to my Teknetics Delta 4000 it's a considerably better machine. And being waterproof to 10 feet will turn me into a water devil quite quickly.

I had to be a little careful today because it didn't come with a coil cover. I ordered one immediately! So I stayed on the dry grass in a park I've done a million times. About 4 hours as the 20 mph wind was the only thing that kept me out in this heat of 89F today.

Not too bad after not using one for 3 years or so. 2 wheats, a plated tie clip and what I think is a hammered down nickel/penny in the lower right corner. And I remembered how well the AT Pro is at letting you dig pull tab after pull tab in the hope for GOLD!!!Yes

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Wow Ed, that is a great birthday present! I've been reading about your SE Pro troubles, so I'm happy that you can get out and hunt without all the machine problems you've been having, and the waterproof features of the AT are a great bonus. Look forward to some river and lake finds from you. Your brother must be a super nice man, and it's easy to see that he holds you in high regard. Nice family dynamics.
(08-20-2016 10:38 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Ed, that is a great birthday present! I've been reading about your SE Pro troubles, so I'm happy that you can get out and hunt without all the machine problems you've been having, and the waterproof features of the AT are a great bonus. Look forward to some river and lake finds from you. Your brother must be a super nice man, and it's easy to see that he holds you in high regard. Nice family dynamics.

Thank you Shade! Dynamics is hearkening me back to when we were kids growing up in Cleveland and how he followed me wherever I went on my adventures. Always the Good Angel on my shoulder with, "I'm telling mom!", chatter in the background of my daredevil antics. I could write a book. And then to when we spent our summers in Pennsylvania either at my Grandmother's house or my Uncle's place. We would scour the mountainside cliffs and forests looking for fossils, snakes and occasionally go swimming in the local creek, sliding down the carved sandstone ledges over and over until exhaustion set in and we had to climb back up the hill to get some of Grandma's ice cold famous fresh squeezed orangeade. And I'll never forget how much water you can drink out of an iron pipe drilled into the side of a rock face pouring out cold and delicious. Those were some days.

Since then my brother and I have been in separate worlds. He staying in Ohio and me traveling the East coast in the masonry trade. Now that we're older, both facing retirement and much closer together geographically, we are sort of reliving our past, when we were kids. Him the arrowhead junkie and me the detecting junkie, always searching for a new and unexplored path. We both know the work a day world is diminishing for us so we're returning to our youth, being children all over again. But this time a little more focused and a lot more fun! There's just the two of us so I think the real adventure is about to begin. YesBeer

Ed
That's great to hear Ed! Now we match! Haha. What a great brother, for sure. I bet you'll do just as good with the pro as the minelab! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I'll answer the best I can!
P.s about to order a new tornado for the fields this year. Hopping to get some more depth and coverage!
Best of luck my man! Take it easy and HH
Congrats on the new Machine Ed Yes

Your brother is a nice guy!

BeerBeer
Hey Ed its John from the Fountain area today (sunday) I'm here Happy
(08-21-2016 08:18 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ed its John from the Fountain area today (sunday) I'm here Happy

Yes! And I am glad you are. The heat of this summer has everyone in the doldrums waiting for the weather to chill a little. You and me both as we discussed. Glad to have you aboard. The more the merrier!!

Ed
Congratulations on the new machine. I know it will have a place in your arsenal. Hats off to a kind brother. Glad he's in a position to make that happen.

Hope you get another explorer too, because I know you like and have confidence in the machine. Good luck.

Well, the AT pro did well for a area you have been over quite a few times.

Thanks for sharing and happy hunting!
What a great brother , I know the AT Pro will work well for you. I hope you get the Minelab fixed or replaced.  You kill it with that Minelab , I have never been able to swing the cash to try one out , but I sure would like to some day.
   It's nice to see you getting out.
Pat
Awesome brother you have Ed. That was kind of him to think about your hobby and your needs. Nice finds newbie lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's