Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Very Dry Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased an Garret AT Gold; slow learning.  First off I put the detector together wrong.  The coil had a slight sway that was messing up the readings.  Then I did a factory reset and spent two hours in all metal mode in a trash area. Yep, I'm a dysfunctional idiot for sure.  But I did find two nice pieces this last month.  My first Merc and a 1930's childs belt buckle ??? with a marking "French Silver Plated" 

Oh thanks NYNJDIGGER for your review of the AT Gold.  I based my buying decision based on your thread about it, Bill Ladds review on You Tube, and the Garret name.  Thanks.
Way to go, Creeper! I'll never forget my first merc - and you won't either Wink

Although my review was just opinion, and far from technical (there's folks who review a LOT better than me), I'm glad it helped you Yes The Gold is a great 'all around' machine. It is EXCEPTIONAL in iron. The iron audio feature is worth the price of the detector alone!

Keep at it, many more good things to come for you Happy

Joe
(09-30-2013 10:35 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go, Creeper! I'll never forget my first merc - and you won't either Wink

Although my review was just opinion, and far from technical (there's folks who review a LOT better than me), I'm glad it helped you Yes The Gold is a great 'all around' machine. It is EXCEPTIONAL in iron. The iron audio feature is worth the price of the detector alone!

Keep at it, many more good things to come for you Happy

Joe

Well I was looking for an opinion.  I must have read that thread about a 100 hundred times.  I was crossed between the AT Pro and the AT Gold.  You mentioned the depth was not were you liked it to be at.  Is that because of 5 X 8 in coil compared to the 8.5 X 11 in coil?  I mostly detect in heavy trash areas so I think the smaller coil will work better for me; may next year I will get the bigger coil.

The Iron Audio, I will admit I don't get, I've only been out three times with the AT Gold.  The first time I had the whole thing screwed up.  I'm sure given more time I will appreciate that feature.

Thanks
Congrats on the Merc!!  The 1st is always the toughest!! Happy
Reference URL's