Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Goooooooooold!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Woke up this morning and was antsy. My smokers cough was bad, too. Didn't feel like going to work, so, called Fluke up & asked if he wanted to hit our silver park. As Fluke works nights, he was revving to go, also.

We met up at 8:30 and were working a section of this park we recently started having some success at. This place has been INCREDIBLE to us. Silver galore. We've hunted it to death, but, every time we go back we're almost guaranteed a couple of oldies.

It was a slow morning for sure. We were getting wheats, but nothing else. Fluke finally dug a barber. 1913 I think he said. He had to leave at 11:30 to get ready for work, however, told him I was gonna stay behind to try & get on the board with some silver, too, as my best find up to that point was a nice 3 ringer.

Five minutes after he leaves, I dig a cool token advertising the original Tarzan movie. Must've dropped it cause I can't find the damn thing Headbang Then, just clad and wheats for the next hour.

I finally got a diggable silver signal. The VDI was bouncing from the 30's to 20's, etc. Real jumpy, but, it sounded good and was about 9 or 10". Was hoping for a merc, but figured it would be a wheat. Turned out to be a very worn 1899 barber dime Yes

I was getting ready to call it a hunt, when I get a fantastic sounding, solid 38 at about 4". We normally dig these signals, but, 99.9% of the time it's clad, as the silver in this spot normally starts at around 6" or so. Due to how it sounded though, decided what the heck. Even clad quarters add up after a while. Dug a plug maybe 2 or 3" and see something shiny in a clump of dirt. Wow, silver! Shallow. That's odd. Break the clump of dirt apart & it wasn't silver...it was gold Dancing 14k with an emerald stone. I thought to myself, why did gold come up as a high tone? The size? Weird. I covered the hole back up and swung over it again. Same solid 38 signal. Open the hole back up, stick the pinpointer in, and the target is down maybe half an inch. It was a clad quarter, lol. Now, why didn't the Safari give ANY indication of a low or medium tone for the ring? Especially since it was above the quarter. Solid 38 from every angle. Strange, indeed. You guys know me by now. Aside from digging a few low & mid numbers for shits & giggles, I don't chase those signals. I hunt gold on the beach. I'm after silver on land. So, this was SHEER luck, but, I think I'm entitled to some after all the digging I do Tongue

Rounded out the day with a little women's lapel pin. Thought it was silver, but, doesn't ring up that way on my machine. Maybe silver plated copper. Anywho...

Fun to get out with Fluke & score some keepers! Let the good times roll Happy

Joe
Nice finds joe,it's been awhile since we seen a ring! You never know what else is in the hole with a coin , that's why I always check when I'm done. I wish we would get rain digging very hardNo
Well, we don't dig many of those signals. We're silver/old coin guys. As you said though, we must be walking over a LOT of jewelry! I agree. Unless it's a gold coin however, yellow doesn't do it for me, as much as the old currency. It's the history Fluke Yes Still...

I'll take it!!! Tongue Party

Joe
Nice ring. Did you run the coil over just the ring to see how it IDed?
Congrats on the ring!!  That is a great score!!  Plus you got a qtr. to go with it!!  Kind of like a tip for a good deed!  Wink

Congrats on the other goodies too!

Ron
Nice ring! What does the ring come in at??
(10-01-2013 09:39 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Nice ring! What does the ring come in at??

Ring comes in 12, 13 or 14, depending on sweep speed, angle I'm passing it front front of coil, etc. 

Joe
Killer on the gold ring joe and the barber, congrats!
Nice job on the gold ring and silver.  I just love the older silver coins.
Reference URL's