Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First silver with the ATPro!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although I was first skeptical about the ATPro's abilities, (being a whiney and very spoiled Minelab user), I definitely wanted to give the ATPro a good workout before I became overly pessimistic and just gave it up. Well, I'm convinced! It's a pretty good machine for all the noise it makes. When I say iron folks, I mean iron! Took her to the park where I was last week on her maiden hunt. This time though I concentrated on an area where I have found dozens of wheats in the past. I only had about an hour and a half so I didn't rush it, just took my time, playing with different settings, ground balancing about every 15 minutes because of the mineralization and listening for tone. Right off the bat I got a 41 wheat (not shown). Then a few bottle caps and some clad. Then I hit this real small high tone which stays at a stable 83 and is consistent at all angles of sweep. Pop the plug, and 2 more inches down, out comes a 59D Rosie (about 5" down). I get another real jumpy quarter signal there and dig out the classic cloverleaf around my existing plug but for the life of me can't target it or find it. (Probably slag!) I'll have Cladjunky look for it with his smaller coil to see if he can see it and find it. Ground is real hard guys and I didn't have all afternoon to dig up the park. So I keep moving and am about to start heading for the truck a half hour later when about 50 feet away from the 59D I get another wobbly high tone varying from 79 to 85, but a pretty tight spot. Says 4" so I dig it. Right on the bottom of the hole is another Rosie, this one a 53D. I'm thinking to myself now, why the jumpy number? Put the carrot in the hole and right alongside the wall out I scratch a 61 Jeff!!!!

So I'm beginning to like the ATPro!!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Oh yes show me that spot I'll just find that 1 coin I swear Think. the merc I got in the park we were at was 81-85 jumped around I think I hit 86 one time. I'm ready to go too Just got my wireless headset and new battery pack! Nice finds! I love silver in the hole!
Ed\ODF, nice haul 25 cents, very cool congratulations.
Do you use a pin pointer? Does the At Pro have an all metal pinpoint? Like. The Minelab does?
(08-24-2016 08:34 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Ed\ODF, nice haul 25 cents, very cool congratulations.
Do you use a pin pointer? Does the At Pro have an all metal pinpoint? Like. The Minelab does?

Man Big T, I don't know if it does or not. You don't think I really read instruction manuals, do you? Well I just read the section on pinpointing and it doesn't say whether it is all metals or not. BUT, I found that the wiggle method is probably the best way to really target a target from different angles. Especially if it's small. I use that method on the Minelab a lot too! I'd guess that the ATPro is all metals because I've found that stuff like pull tabs under the coil and near a high tone target throw off the PP and you have to change your sweep angle. I've got the 8.5x11 coil and in a trashy/mineralized park it's a headache.

Ed
Glad you're liking the at pro!
My setting for the trashy sites were...

Pro zero 30+ or so disc with iron audio on and max or one below max with the 5x8.
Iron audio on allowed me to hear the iron but with the high tones mixed in. So I'm hearing two tones at once basically with iron on.

Best of luckYesYes
Nice going Ed = 2 silvers in one hunt is always good Happy

BeerBeer
(08-25-2016 12:37 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you're liking the at pro!
My setting for the trashy sites were...

Pro zero 30+ or so disc with iron audio on and max or one below max with the 5x8.
Iron audio on allowed me to hear the iron but with the high tones mixed in. So I'm hearing two tones at once basically with iron on.

Best of luckYesYes

Zach,

I like the iron audio but keep the disc at 35. I've been sticking with standard and checking for beer bottle caps with pro on coins, iron audio on. Only use it to check the target as it's very scratchy otherwise.

Thanks!

Ed
Nice finds Ed. I just brought an ATPro yesterday. Like you minelab is my main detector but I like what I was seeing on youtube about the At Pro so my friend and I went to a dealer and each picked up one yesterday. Haven't been out yet, but been watching the video that came with the detector. Will let your know what I find with it, as soon has I get out.
(08-26-2016 08:28 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds Ed. I just brought an ATPro yesterday. Like you minelab is my main detector but I like what I was seeing on youtube about the At Pro so my friend and I went to a dealer and each picked up one yesterday. Haven't been out yet, but been watching the video that came with the detector. Will let your know what I find with it, as soon has I get out.

REAL COOL Bullet!! They're real easy to get used to. The Pro audio works real well. Will be looking forward to seeing what you find!!

Ed
Congratulations Ed! I got the feeling you can find something good with the DYI detectors made from items around the house!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's