Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Oldest copper + 2 reale + more!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got out today from 6-2 with james at a old permission and a new 1704 permission. First time out in 2 months and before that was the middle of may!
I got my oldest copper to date...
A 1701 William III
And my first 2 reale from mexico city 1782
Along with these coins I had 2 unknown coppers (one at 12-13"!) and I believe a kg2.
Two tombacs, a flat colonial designed button that's beat up, and a colonial 2 piece.
1890 Indian head penny and my first croatel bell.
If anyone can give any ideas on the coppers or croatel bell let me know! Thanks and HH
P.S some of this wouldn't be possible if I didn't have my new used tornado coil from john at JMT detectors
So thanks for the great prices and awesome business!
Zach
WTG Zach!! Yes Beer Those are some great finds! I have yet to find a 18th Century coin and you're killing them! Fabulous hunt!!

Ed
Wow you must live in a very target rich area or have mad skill in detecting great finds.
Thanks Ed and clad!
Clad, it's both I believe. I've detected just under a year and have multiple finds that my buddy does not and he has detected 5 years.
It's luck and the area is rich in history and the research Happy
More awesome finds  Zach , you have had great success for someone who has only been detecting for a year. Some of it is luck , but location is the key. 
   Thanks for sharing all of the great finds , I look forward to seeing many more.
Pat
Thanks pat and I do agree! I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more and a lot of great stuff coming this fall. New field permissions that are currently planted in prime locations! Woooooo!
Congratulations on the nice finds and your first! As you know, you're in a good area and I hope you continue finding those sweeties.
Holy
 Carp Zach great finds you have.. man I miss those great old coin digging days..Beer
Oh dear Lord! What a hunt!!! The coppers are probably KG II...maybe even a state copper in there. The 2R steals the show! Incredible finds!
Thanks guys!
One of the coopers turned out to be a kg1. Another first! Even though Cassandra found one haha.
Not sure about others. One has a interesting long portrait (to the rim) of a man with a small head...can't find anything.
Need to get a new scale. After I figured out one was a kg1 my cheap $6 scale went bonkers.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's