Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pennies.....................
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Drove my step daughter boyfriend home, decided to stop at the school yard near by.
I know this school is newer and in the back yard so to speak of many local detectorists. Wasn't counting on much.
Worth a shot. Nothing would be deeper than 4" as the average.
Ground was excellent digging, not dry and not wet. Gave it my best shot.
Put the larger cruising coil onto the Quest Pro today to cover some ground as there were storm clouds on the horizon.
Put in about 2 1/2 hours, seems like others left a bunch of pennies and a couple dimes, a dog tag and a key. The rest was trash.
So my big take today was about 50 cents, not even a Loon or Toon came to light. Left soon enough when it started to thunder and a few drops started spitting down from the clouds.
Sometimes that's all you find , but swinging that coil is still getting to enjoy this great hobby.
  You'll get something great next time , and at least you got out there.
Pat
You got out and that's important. Sometimes it's not the finds that are the maker or breaker of a hunt. You have info about that school for future reference, your finds were of the ordinary and you got more practice in with the machine. No hunt is ever a bust because there are always positive take aways. I hunt almost every day on average unless I'm jammed at work or the weather doesn't cooperate. I can go weeks on end without so much as a wheat in some cases. But I always go when I can. You too I see and I hope you have better luck next time!

Ed
I love just finding clad and copper pennies I'm not much of a fan of the zinc ones. 50 cents is alot of digging Happy
Reference URL's