Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first ring returned.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and my friend (Bryan) went hunting last Saturday.
I was approached my a guy saying his wife lost her wedding band the day before. That had 35 years of sentimental value. I told him me & my friend will try to find it.

She gave a detailed description of ring and location. She knew the ring was loose and felt it when it slipped off. We calculated tides and determine tide was coming in about 3 hours from low tide.

After a hour still no ring, and the lady, husband and teenage son were leaving. Before she left i got her number.
We were several miles from car and the parking meter was going to need to be fed soon. We said 10 more minutes then we have to leave. WOW Bryan finds it! We are both excited, people on the beach were excited. Folks are telling us we are awesome! We ended up meeting her at the restaurant to give back her lost ring. It was a heart felt moment for all of us. She was crying, and emotional. After getting this picture of my friend Byran and her. She gave us $50 bucks to pay for parking and buy us lunch. Lucky for her Bryan found it. It was at the waters edge. I wasn't looking there. We both think the waves brought it closer to shore since it was a light ring. Bryan gives me credit in coordinating this recovery and split the reward with me.

I got permission to post this picture and to keep her information confidential. Just remember her as a Happy Lady!

One more excitement, we left there to go to another beach. Bryan's first signal was a 10k ring!
I didn't find anything great, but i had a awesome day.
[attachment=8719]
[attachment=8720]
Bravo!!   Well done Updown and Bryan. That's the kind of story I like to read when metal detecting is being discussed.  Finding the second ring has got to be a bit of karma too. You should submit this to a newspaper___ great press for you and our hobby.  Wish I could pat you on the back and shake your hand!CoolYes
Exemplary work! Congrats to both of you for the effort! And Brian gets the Karma on the next hunt. Everything is a circle!

Ed
Awsome! 35 years is a long time to wear something, hope i can do that someday maybe help Ed on one of this recovery jobs!
Great job ! It is a wonderful feeling returning a ring to it's rightful owner.  People like you give our hobby a great name.
HH
Pat
I love hearing stories like that! Great work. Metal detectorists get a bad rap and stories like this show that there are people that care. That lucky lady will be telling this stories for years. Congratulations!
Gerry
Thanks to everyone that gave us the thumbs up. I know you would have done the same. Hope everyone gets this chance. It was very rewarding.
Awesome job!!
That's what I'm talking about man .. true aBeer:beer:mbassador to the hobby .. YOU DA MAN
Kudos and good karma to you! Well done boys!
Reference URL's