Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What's it like out at the beach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Depends upon which beach.

Here we have one beach with onshore wind
[attachment=8735]
[attachment=8736]

Here's the other beach with an offshore wind. Exact same time the picture above was taken. It sure is wonderful to be able to look at the live beach cams before heading out to go water detecting.

[attachment=8737]
That's pretty cool Sven! And saves you a lot of time and gas to go find out. I don't think they have beach cams here. I guess they're not too worried about you Canadians invading us! Chuckle

Ed
A really neat comparison, Sven. While I wouldn't want to be at the rough beach while the gale was blowing, I think I'd be mighty tempted to hit it once the winds calmed. Looks like those waves would surely stir something up.
(09-01-2016 07:40 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty cool Sven! And saves you a lot of time and gas to go find out. I don't think they have beach cams here. I guess they're not too worried about you Canadians invading us! Chuckle

Ed

I don't know ... A large percentage of their population is massed within a hundred miles of our borders , it looks suspicious to me Tongue ( I barrowed that from an old John Candy movie) 
   Beach cams are an awesome tool , unfortunately where I go to the big lake the cams are all pointed towards areas that are closed to metal detecting.
   I hope when it calms down a bit out there you can hit that beach hard.
Pat
Here's the rough water beach this morning. Reversal of wind.
[attachment=8741]

The other beach is starting to kick up, couple hours...surf will be up.
[attachment=8742]
Very nice to have and use. I've checked it once for fishing but that's about it! I think I'll be making my way down to the beach after this storm passes like the rest of the water detectorist
Hey Zach! I saw some news footage about the Jersey coast and the approaching storm. I figured you'd give it a try once the weather permitted. Good luck.
Reference URL's