Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Large cent and first Rosie dime!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, got out and door knocked two properties today. One, the person rents but gave us the name so I'm going to follow up on that.
The 2nd is a 1752 beautiful house and property. "Hit to death" over the past 20+ years. But he still allowed me and Cassandra to detect and welcomed us back for more and even is going to ask about the fields surrounding his house for fall!
The fields have apparently been hit a lot as well. It's a known area of a small battle during the rev war. But I told him, no one can ever really find it all! And I was right!
First target I got a 1883 Indian then a 70s or so token? "I bring good luck"...then a 1965 Lincoln... Then a 1953 wheatie and then I walked around in another area and nothing.
Walked back to the car after 45 minutes and got a faint signal with 5/8 sens with the at pro and tornado. Turned it up a bit and was clean and clear but still faint. Dug and dug and dug and didn't give up and out popped a 1837 large cent. My best condition one to date! Went back, showed him and talked for about another hour. Nice guy. But anyway, enjoy and HH!

P.S
I did get out two days ago before today at a new property and got 4 1890s Indian head pennys and 4 buttons. All withen about a hour. Plan to hit it again.
Congrats on the Rosie and a beautiful LC!! Take my word for it, permissions are the way to go when you have a history of the property like that. Parks and the woods are okay here but it's real hit and miss as I'm tracking lost history, or old boy scout camps, railroad and utility working camps and the occasional hunting camp. There is no history on that kind of stuff unfortunately and after stumbling upon a few I get very lucky. So keep at the permissions. It's out there!

Ed
Great results Zach. Glad to see you are getting out again and coming up with the old stuff, like that LC. Ed is right. Permissions are the way to go and one will often open the door for another.
Very nice LC I wish the date showed up on mine but atleast it could be dated by the other details. Ahhh Back when a penny was a PENNY Happy
Great large cent! That door knock really paid off , around here I have to compete with a few other guys on the permissions , the worst one is a retired deputy sheriff . He's a nice guy , but he hunts alone and seems to know everybody and he has talked to a lot of them.
   Keep up the great work , did Cassandra find anything fun?
Pat
Thanks all!
I feel you clad...I have 6 LCS now and only one other is not completely toasted. But it's still pretty damn worn and toasty!
Pat, Cassandra didn't dig. Her g2+ battery was dead. She pin pointed for the first 30 minutes until she headed back to the car and I detected the last 15 minutes alone. Found the lc on my way back to her, right next to her car!
Sorry to hear about the competition as well. I'm Sure that can make things rough...there seems to be quite a bit around here but they all seem to come and then go and never return.
Super nice history!!
Great finds Zach, I haven't had much time to do anything lately but I glad to see some getting out hitting it hard congrats
Been a few years since I dug a largie. Congrats!
Reference URL's