Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: a small silver surprise...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the weekend I went relic hunting with some buddies (Ron, Mark, and Andrew) 
We hunted two awesome sites starting around noon and we finished around 3am!
There are few things as exciting as being out there in the country with possibilities wide open of what you could find....only the unearthing of some artifact can surpass the imagination Happy

So its really late, and I get a silver signal and dig up this tiny (smaller than a dime) (what I think is a monogrammed medallion.) 
I smiled and thought "that's really neat"...and put it up.
Ron and Mark came over in a bit and asked if I had found anything...told them about the little monogram necklace medallion, and they asked to see it...
I got it out and showed it to them...
[attachment=918]

and they both "WHOA!"ed  in unison and said "3 Cent SILVER!!!"
(I hadn't even heard of those before)
You can see this one is holed and you can see where someone else tried to hole it on the back (unsuccessfully) 
Mark said they used to sew them into their clothes so they wouldn't lose them.
The guys also found some incredible stuff that hunt - Look for it soon.
That's quite an awesome find, Micah Yes Confession: I'm a big jealous as that's one of the few silver coins still eluding me Cool They're not easy to find...IMO, they're definitely rarer than seateds & two cent pieces. And it's holed! I never got a holed coin of any sort. You knocked two biggies off your list at once, way to go!!!

P.S. - You're lucky to meet someone like Ron Happy A lot of hunters in this hobby are stingy, and don't bring others to their spots. I never understood that philosophy myself, as I'm a believer in karma and sharing the wealth. So, kudos to Ron for being a gracious diplomat of this hobby Yes

Joe
(10-02-2013 02:38 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]P.S. - You're lucky to meet someone like Ron Happy

Don't I know it! Wink
I wouldn't have known what it was either. Awesome find.
Nice three center, I still have not found one of thoes, its near the top of my list. Congrats on a hard to find coin!
Micah, Glad you got it cleaned up and posted!!  As I told you the only thing that would have been nice is if I would have found it!! Wink

But as you have seen I get pretty excited regardless of who finds it!!  It is the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of seeing a cool find come out of the ground that makes this hobby so much fun for me.

Now don't get me wrong--I still wanted to find it,  but happy that it was found!

Now I am counting on the Good Karma thing!! Yes

Congrats again and if you keep finding stuff like that I will have to increase my hosting fees!! Wink  What's a 50% increase on $0.00 ?
Awesome dude!! That's on my some day list!!
nice 3 center, hoping to find one myself one day.
Reference URL's