Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 6 Pack of Silver, Labor Day 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
# 44 thru #49 Silvers for the year! Went to an area that is a suspected Boy Scout Camp and scoured it with the AT Pro and a 5x8 coil. Found 2 silver coin spills and a loner Rosie. Been meaning to get to this area now for three years since I learned of it. It's a pretty tough area to get to as you either have to cross the river to get there or walk a mile and a half through the woods. Every time I drove by it the water was too high to safely pass so I just chalked it off to bad luck. With the lack of rain here and warm temps I decided to give it a go. Water was six inches deep at best and I needed to wash my sneakers anyway. Turns out the theory about the Boy Scout camp was true. Have to get back in there with the 8.5x11 coil on the AT Pro and with the minelab. This is the most silver coins I've found on one hunt breaking my record of 5 at another Boy Scout Camp I found about 2 years ago.

I filmed this one. It's a little shoddy but it'll do. I have it in production mode and am posting it to my channel on Youtube. And there are a great deal more details in the video, plus one past hunt. It turns out that of all the 10 wheats I found today only one had a legible date of 1944. All the rest were toast and mostly dug in dried upland river bogs, which I might add were a real bitch to dig.

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!
Real nice, love the standing, congrats!
Ha! Nice finds Ed I knew you would love the 5x8 coil and You are the Metro Parks Hunter!
Nice Ed, really nice. You did a good job on the research, and patience paid big dividends. Glad you are having success. Your lady quarter is a beauty and one of my favorite coin designs.
Nice Haul Ed!! Congrats!!
Awesome job, especially with all the "shiny" ones!
Whenever you can score a Walking Liberty with a date, that is sweet.
Congratulations on the pile of Silver! I consider that a super hunt! I agree with Shadeseeker your research and efforts have paid off again. You got to get back out there! Good luck and Happy hunting!
Right on Ed

don't get much better than that Yes

BeerBeer
Wow! Nice haul , it is nice to see a standing Liberty with a date on it and all of the silver. I am curious about the partial token in the top right of your picture , any idea what it is?
   Great research and way to go on having the patience to wait it out to get there.
Pat
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's