Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Here's a few more "old finds"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Georgia button was a real surprise after digging a bunch of shotgun shells. The officer button was given to me by my aunt. She had found it while gardening at her house near the Chancellorsville Battlefield.The New York I can't quite recollect where I dug it. Thanks for looking.
[attachment=8761]
YesYesYesYesCool
Very excellent examples of buttons! I feel ya on the shotgun headstamps as I dig a ton of them. You're lucky to be in an area where those type of buttons can be found. That's some real good history there! And honestly I spent a good ten minutes just staring at them in the larger attachment, wondering about the people that wore them, where they went, what kind of life they had. I know it's an unanswerable mystery but a mystery just the same. Great finds!

Ed/ODF
Awesome , thanks for sharing these great finds.
Pat
Those are very nice buttons rich with history. Thanks for posting up for us to see.
Nice buttons, I am still very new to MD how do you gauge the age of buttons? I have found a few copper tack rivets but no old buttons.
Thanks for all the replies. Here's a Virginia button I found laying on top of the ground. I was showing a friend how to use a detector he had just bought. While going around the side of his house, I went across this with his detector. I think it's post war, but heck, I'll take it! Thanks again for looking.
[attachment=8764]
Reference URL's