Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Coil problem? Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all...I just purchased a used Whites 6T today for my sister's... It's 2 years old apparently and only used a handful of times. It is in 9.5/10 cosmetic condition. It was only used at salt water beaches. It seems no matter where I am, the 9" stock spider coil will overload after 6/8 sens. It also falses quite a bit, not horrible but pretty bad whilst having it even in the air. Even with 4/8 sens. I'm certain the coil is faulty.
I've track locked after manually pumping the coil.
I put 8 new AA batteries, checked the cables, tightened them and raised the wire above the coil a little more.
Can't call whites till Monday.
Might go to a local distributor tomorrow and see his opinion.
So if it is a bad coil. Am I just f'ed? Or will White's do anything warranty wise?...
Thanks in advance and happy hunting...
Zach
I had the same problem with a Cors shrew coil I bought for the Whites Treasure Pro sensativity 5 was fine but 6-8 was all overload it was suppose to be compatible and after talking to the guy with emails I sent it back and Just got a Prizm for it same shape and size. I would go with a bad coil!
Damn it. Thanks for the input! Accepting more! Anyone with any other information!
Thanks in advance,
Zach
Update:
Spoke to Whites and went to my local distributor.
The coil is faulty and my only option now is to purchase a new or used coil that will fit it.
Which is not a option because I shouldn't of even financially purchased it to begin with, but being a giving person I got excited and hopped on it.
But my sisters wanted a detector and so they got one.
A broke one.
One that was apparently 2 years old. Thinking it might be under warranty. Well, guess what. It's 6 years old. But damn, it's good cosmetic condition for sure.
But it's useless, sadly.
Am not getting any responses back at the moment and I'm 99% sure I'm not getting my money back.
Oh the joys of life.
I'll see you on here in the next few weeks when I find s damn 8 real.
Karmas a bitch and I hope it bites this guy in the booty.

That is all.

Have a good and happy and safe day and best of luck detecting.

Zach
Well sorry to hear about the dilemma but me being the Old Timer and all, hindsight tells me to load the sucker up with batteries and go take it in "their" yard and run it through its paces. (I'm not trying to beat you up, you've done a good job of that yourself.) I try to never let emotion take control of a purchase no matter how good it looks. But that's me and your young so you can chalk it up to experience. At my age the days of funding stuff by working for a living are getting pretty shy so I take a microscope to most of what I buy for the hobby. Really though you can probably pick up another coil for it pretty inexpensively used and as long as you "Lend" it to the sister so when she gets bored or gives it up you have another tool in the shed. (Do you get that borrow thingy?) If I told you how much stuff I've given away that I am kicking myself for now, you wouldn't believe it. (It's the, "Crap, I'll never need this.", syndrome.)

Good luck with the coil. Maybe somebody out there has one laying around they can let you "Borrow.".Chuckle

All in fun!

Affable Ed!
Reference URL's