Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Boy Scout Pin & #50 - Otherwise a Ho Hum Hunt!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scoured an older Boy Scout camp I found about 3 years ago and spent 6 hours on a wonderful weather day! Was able to find a Boy Scout pin first thing. Then alls I came up with are a wheat, a buff a rosie and a dogtag. Seriously! Lot of junk too but I'm still cleaning out the signals! I GoPro'd all important finds but you can't hear me on the videos so I'll keep them but no sense posting them. I discovered that you either have to have a lanyard mike with a skeleton case "That has a hole in the case for the camera mike and the USB for a remote mike!" or sound quality is the pits. Of course a skeleton case with holes in it for the USB and open mike are not what the thing was made for, ergo, kiss waterproof goodbye! The videos themselves turned out great! Just the sound really sucks! And I deliberately set the thing right next to the holes I dug and talked rather loud. Still a no go!

So I ordered a skeleton case, a headstrap mount and may order a lanyard clip on microphone if that doesn't work.

Anyway .... #50 FTY the hard way!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
That looks like a fun hunt to me , congrats on number 50. There is a lot of hunting season left , it seems like ther is a chance at the century mark.
HH
 Pat
(09-18-2016 07:50 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like a fun hunt to me , congrats on number 50. There is a lot of hunting season left , it seems like ther is a chance at the century mark.
HH
 Pat

It was okay. Lot of humping around to get what I got. Probably walked a good 3 or so miles to boot. So I got some exercise. That Rosie was below the BSA camp down by the river. The only way to get there is rapel or take the long way around and come back along the river. So the Rosie made it worth the trip.

Ed
# 50 is a milestone Ed, so congratulations on making it. Pat is right, still lots of time left to find more silver, especially as the weather moderates. There has to be more to be found at a scout camp and if you're clearing out the junk, I expect your good to bad ratio will improve nicely. I'm enjoying your videos--keep on posting.
(09-18-2016 10:34 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]# 50 is a milestone Ed, so congratulations on making it. Pat is right, still lots of time left to find more silver, especially as the weather moderates. There has to be more to be found at a scout camp and if you're clearing out the junk, I expect your good to bad ratio will improve nicely. I'm enjoying your videos--keep on posting.

Thanks Shade! Hitting the sack now. Was a long day!

Ed
Congrats on #50 Ed! Seems like a decent day to me!
Best of luck out there and hh!
Gratz on #50 and If you decide to rapel please let me watch Happy You know I'd make an awsome Tie off heh.
Nice one ODF, Congrats! I just got to 75 yesterday and 600 wheats. Your right behind me again.
Good deal ED Yes

Old Boy Scout camps are hard to come by these days - bet you find some good stuff in there with a little determination!

BeerBeer
Reference URL's