Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Draped bust half cent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, got out to the house near the rev war battle. Talked to Mr and Mrs D for a bit. Last Saturday I brought over freshly made brownies but Mrs. D wasn't there. Ended up talking and helping out Mr.D. He told me Mrs. D liked bottles so I got one of my old bottles I found and stole a flower from the side of the road...think it was wild? Lol. Gave that to her today and talked some more.
I have about 6 hours at this permission and 5 of it is talking! Which I don't mind. Nice people.
So I've pulled out my last large cent outta this place which was apparently hit to the bones.
And now this 1808 half cent. My 4th crapped half cent...
I ended up going out back this time. I said to Mr.D whose field is that out back? And he replied...yours for today! So idk if it was his or his friends but I'm 95% it was his but he uses it for hay.
I think he was being nice because it was me and Cassandras 2 year anniversary. But probably not, he's a good guy and very funny. For 83 he's awesome.
So yeah, I get out back with cassandra. She's back in the car after 15 minutes BC it was to hot...so I stayed out about 10 more minutes.
Got 2 very old looking shotgun shells. The 1808 drapped, a piece of a old key ignition plate and a old buckle...think it's a horse but idk yet.
Looking forward to getting directly on the rev war land minor battle. I was very close. And only detected like 30 minutes and its been hit "so much" these people who hit it before must be deaf or something.
Field doesn't get plowed and it was at a tree line. Obvious spot to start searching.
I believe withen time I'll have a load of great finds and history to show and share with you all. Very soon.
Happy hunting and goodluck!
Zach
Nice work Zach ! The draped half cent is a real prize. I've never found even one and you now have 4! You are very lucky to be in such a history rich area, and I'm sure you'll keep piling up the goodies. The Brownies and conversation are a nice touch. Believe me; it will pay big dividends later on because there is nothing like good PR.
When I was big into artifacts I would volunteer time at harvest, driving tractors, pulling tobacco---anything to give a farmer a hand and they all appreciated it. The permissions (often exclusive for me) on prime Indian relic sites built my collection.
Best to you and Cassandra. Hope the coming cooler weather will allow her to get out with you more.
Nice! I wish it was that easy in Cleveland but I carry a 31 inch shovel in the urban parks for a reason! Luckily i have Ed along sometimes to protect me!
Sweet!

Still lookin for a 1/2 cent - have found almost every other coin known to man but that one still eludes Speechless

BeerBeer
VERY NICE!Cool
Excellent find Zach! That's a killer permission. Fall is coming so maybe the two of you will be able to make an extended hunt of the site. GL & HH you two!

Ed
Holy Crap that's great and you have found 4 unbelievable.
Congrats
WOW! You make so many interesting finds , congrats on another great one.  I think we all look forward to seeing the finds come rolling in when you get to hit it a while longer.
HH
Pat
Congratulations Zach, nice find! Good luck with your new permission.
Real nice, I have never found one of them. CONGRATS!
Reference URL's