Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Epic CA Relic Adventure !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simply incredible! You guys never cease to amaze me Wink That 2 piece buckle is killer...I'd trade all my silver for the year just to find ONE of those! I can't see that site as ever being hunted before with those types of finds coming up...appears to be virgin...or pretty close to it. A testament to your research skills, Ron! But...

I almost threw up when I saw Andrew put that seated in his mouth. And this is coming from a guy who smells his finds! Tongue Chuckle

Has Andrew ever found a seated before, or, was that his first? If he hasn't, that's a hell of a way to break the ice!!!

Where's part 2?! We want more!!!

P.S. - Tell Andrew thanks for the plug! Super cool on wearing the TC tee!!!

Joe
You guys are killing it! Btw, did you guys ditch Micah? J.k.
SPECTACULAR FINDS!
Mark's wreath can be found on p. 130 in Max Bell's Book, California Gold Rush Buckles. It is what is known as a "Fancy Buckle" 1853-1860. It took a plain center disc with no ornamentation. Sometimes considered to be women's buckles, but have been found in some pretty remote camps, so this is in question.

Andrew's tongue dates 1850-56 and once held an applied flower, animal or anchor, and is believed to be of English origin.

You guys are amazing !
Hey Caprock,

Thanks for all the info.  I will have to look into getting that book if it is available!

part TWO has another wreath pop up.  But this time  the cast brass variety!

Thanks for the info.

Ron
(10-03-2013 08:56 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are killing it! Btw, did you guys ditch Micah? J.k.

I was behind the scenes finding every square nail in the site Wink
(10-03-2013 04:52 PM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2013 08:56 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are killing it! Btw, did you guys ditch Micah? J.k.

Micah is so low key.  He just kind of drifts off and gets after it.  We usually have to go track him down to see what he is finding. 

The other boys are always yelling-- "got a high tone" , "Got an edge" ' You might want to get this on video" etc. 

Micah is probably just wandering around thinking "these guys are nuts!!  But they have good sites so I will tolerate it!!"  Wink

he does make a brief appearance in Part two -- but only his voice as it was dark by then!! Laughing
(10-03-2013 05:27 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2013 04:52 PM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]

Micah is so low key.  He just kind of drifts off and gets after it.  We usually have to go track him down to see what he is finding. 

The other boys are always yelling-- "got a high tone" , "Got an edge" ' You might want to get this on video" etc. 

Micah is probably just wandering around thinking "these guys are nuts!!  But they have good sites so I will tolerate it!!"  Wink

he does make a brief appearance in Part two -- but only his voice as it was dark by then!! Laughing

Kinda like hunting with Waldo!!! Yawn Tongue
Ron, the videos are so good, you should sell commercial time after each find! 

Ron: "Wow, awesome seated, Andrew!"

Announcer - Voice Over: "And now a word from our sponsor"

NjNyDigger: (Hanging off the top of the Eiffel Tower butt naked except for a ten gallon hat, screaming at the top of my lungs) "Come on down and check out the CRAZY dealz at TreasureClassifieds.com!!! Free tees to anyone who finds silver!!! Bring the whole family...kids too! Meet our wacky, zany clown mascot, Ronald McTreasure! He's available for birthdays, weddings, bar AND bat mitzvahs, job interviews, proctology exams, even meet & greets with foreign dictators!!! And don't forget our BIG holiday blowout on used batteries! They might be next to dead, but, just like a Timex, they're still kicking...for the time being! Now back to our regularly scheduled program"

Ron, this could be a HUGE opportunity in the making. I'm gonna shoot you five bucks via paypal to claim the first 15 second spot!
When are you guys going to invite me to join you guys on one of these awesome hunts Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's