Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I'm Whooped! Enjoy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another nice video expedition Ed and congrats on the 3 fives. Enjoyed going hunting with you. I have two cautions for you---with all those trail cams around, be careful where you take a leak!  And seriously, watch out for copperheads among the deadfalls, rocks, and leaves this time of the year.
(09-25-2016 04:02 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Another nice video expedition Ed and congrats on the 3 fives. Enjoyed going hunting with you. I have two cautions for you---with all those trail cams around, be careful where you take a leak!  And seriously, watch out for copperheads among the deadfalls, rocks, and leaves this time of the year.

LOL! Camera is off but I do look around for those trail cameras! In all my years of wandering the woods, hunting, fishing and detecting I've yet to come upon a copperhead. Or a rattlesnake. They're pretty rare this far north in Ohio. Not impossible though. Ribbon, green, fox and northern water snakes, I see a boatload of those guys. Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Ed
Nice video Ed with some cool finds I never knew those mushrooms were edible, I think early next winter/spring I am going to explore the woods some till then I will stick to the more open area's and urban parks.
(09-25-2016 12:35 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]Nice video Ed with some cool finds I never knew those mushrooms were edible, I think early next winter/spring I am going to explore the woods some till then I will stick to the more open area's and urban parks.

They are actually kind of good John. Also called Chicken of the Woods. I'm going back up there tomorrow without detecting equipment and a big WalMart bag to collect some more. Deb's going to dehydrate them in a dehydrator I bought for her a couple years back and then freeze them. They are a real meaty mild mushroom and good to put in all kinds of dishes. I actually like them raw with a little salt after they're washed and patted dry.

I don't blame you on the parks for now. Believe me that there are much easier ways to get there but I'm just an obstinate explorer. So don't mind my radical ways of getting there sooner. I wouldn't expect anyone to take some of the risk I do to make a path. If you can get out next weekend give me a call. I could use a break in the grass!

Ed
Reference URL's