Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First official relic hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=8817]
Went to the old homesite spot today for some digging. Took the W6 pro wireless headphones out along with the Sharpshooter coil on the T2. Got the eagle cuff button and a whatzit. Button didn't come out the ground looking it's  best. Thanks for looking.
I was looking back over some posts in "show and tell" and realized I had missed this one. I don't know much about buttons so I'll have to ask; is this a civil war era button. I know you live in the midst of cw history. Anyway, glad you are able to look and find.
(09-28-2016 09:58 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking back over some posts in "show and tell" and realized I had missed this one. I don't know much about buttons so I'll have to ask; is this a civil war era button. I know you live in the midst of cw history. Anyway, glad you are able to look and find.
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure it's civil war era although the spot where I dug it isn't really close to any battlefield. We have dug a few Va. buttons, a New York and confederate infantry buttons here also. Maybe brought back home from the war?? Just a guess. Got some older coins from here too. This spot still produces...nothing spectacular, but it's fun....
Nice! I really enjoy all the war relics, I've not found much but I much prefer them over coins. So much history behind those items! I'm gonna go with brought back home as well.
Best or luck out there and can't wait to see some more finds!
Nice catch on the button Hanover!! No civil war buttons around here so it's great to see somebody digging them!

Ed
Congratulations on the war button. If i found any war button regardless of condition it would be a good hunting day.
Reference URL's