Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AT Pro or a machine made for beach hunting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to start beach hunting and learning the ways of where to look and so on and so on. But how much would I be missing if I used my AT Pro instead of a actual VLF machine meant for the beach or a PI?
Surprisingly, I can run my 12x13 tornado coil at the beach in wet sand after manually ground balancing at 7/8 sens! I was super impressed. 0 falsing or chatter unless I accidentally hit the ground.
The stock coil wasn't able to do that...I was running 4/8 sens but maybe the spot had more black sand, not sure.
But anyway, what so you guys think? Stick with what I got or get a actual beach machine?
I've looked into a couple different ones...PI and VLF and they all seem to do pretty good.
But would it be so significant to have one instead of the pro?
Thanks in advance and happy hunting!
Hey Zach couple questions
are you talking water hunting or beach and are you going to do salt or fresh water.
What machine are you using the toranado coil on?
Hey steveo!
The tornado coil would be on my AT Pro.
It would be salt water beaches and in the wet and dry sand.
Probably more wet sand than dry but who knows.
I don't think I'll be getting in the water quite just yet though. If I do, maybe just a foot or so. Nothing like up to my knees or waist.
I want to experience the wet and dry sand first before I ever decided to get into the water.
Well I wish you the best at whatever decision you make! But you know me, if there ain't leaves on the ground and big trees, I ain't there!!!! Good Luck!

Ed
Thanks Ed! It's not exactly my ideal way of detecting as I love revealing and preserving history. I Can't exactly do that down the shore unless I get extremely lucky with a real or a old silver coin.
I'm more into going to the beach to zone out/relax and detect vast areas like I do with the fields and also in hope I find a gold ring to support my hobby.
But to me, detecting is detecting. No matter what kind you do...relic, coin, nugget, beach or even clad.
I enjoy it all but I prefer hunting colonial sites/land for coins/relics!
But as you mostly do, wooded area's... I've been looking into that for a few days now. Trying to place cellar holes in the area in the woods.
Should be fun!
(09-30-2016 11:20 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ed! It's not exactly my ideal way of detecting as I love revealing and preserving history. I Can't exactly do that down the shore unless I get extremely lucky with a real or a old silver coin.
I'm more into going to the beach to zone out/relax and detect vast areas like I do with the fields and also in hope I find a gold ring to support my hobby.
But to me, detecting is detecting. No matter what kind you do...relic, coin, nugget, beach or even clad.
I enjoy it all but I prefer hunting colonial sites/land for coins/relics!
But as you mostly do, wooded area's... I've been looking into that for a few days now. Trying to place cellar holes in the area in the woods.
Should be fun!

I have to agree. Wish I lived near the shore but don't regret my method. If you have an opportunity in life for such an adventure, take the bull by the horns and run with it.

Ed
Reference URL's