Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2 Best Finds Today :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit an old standby site today because many of the fields here just haven't been cut yet but much to my surprise I pulled the oldest coin I've found in 5 yrs of hunting this specific site today Yes

1835 Bust 1/2 dime = a little flattened/outta round with a hole but I'll take it.

Also a 1870s saw nut (pat. dec. 31 1867)

Not shown is a bone button I found as an eyeball find, a pistol ball, and some lead/brass/copper doodads & junk.

HH all,

[Image: IMG_3400_zps3cgaqa1t.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3398_zps8eepgqrj.jpg]
At that age just seeing the date is awsome imo! Very nice finds
Nice oldies, CONGRATS!
SWEET! That looks like a great site , I wish I had a backup site that good. I am looking forward to seeing more of your great finds.
Pat
You have done it again! Congrats on your oldest silver!! And beside the condition it is a great find. And I found one of those saw nuts awhile back, it's a Spear & Jackson, Sheffield, England, way out in the woods, about a year ago. They must've been building pens or tree stands, in my case, but those woods were fields at one time, long ago. Great hunt MRH!

Ed
Since we are sharing our nuts and all...

Lol.

1871-1876 for mine, just like yours. Pretty cool. A lot of the same find have been coming up from friends and people on TC. It's pretty odd. A gentleman on another forum just found a 2 real same mint and year as mine. Found it interesting! But anyway, great day for sure. Those half dimes are so small. Just a tag bigger than the super tiny 3 center! Keep up the great work and HH!
Nice silver catch Wayne. You've been adding some very good vintage coins lately, including the seated dime and some nice Indians.
Congratulations on the awesome finds! It's nice the spot still gives. Hopefully it will continue giving. Good luck.
Reference URL's