Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Buff, Jeff, Rosie, Bottle and a Bell!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long time coming again on the silver but hit another nickel spill with a Rosie in the mix. #52 I think. Been such a long time ago since I hit that 52 Rosie I forgot how many I've found this year! Chuckle Anyway the video is processing through Youtube and I should have it posted tomorrow morning. I have to find a way to get this stuff done a lot quicker than I'm doing it because this is the pits at this rate of processing. Any suggestions from you pro video posters out there would be appreciated!

Enjoy and as always...

Have Fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF

Here's the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ6eMBRVbAw
Gratz on a silver and that bell is pretty cool so when you were swinging over it what did it (RING) up as Happy Totally Pun intended!
Great hunt! Loving the bell and the silver is always great to see. I would bet the bell RANG up with a high vdi and a sweet high tone.  What I want to know is what settings do you use on the detector to find the bottle......Tongue
HH
Pat
That's a pretty sight Ed. Nice work on getting all those items back into daylight again. I'm partial to old bottles so it's nice to see one come up intact. and the little bell is a gem. "Ring up?"  Nice one Junky!!
Congrats on more silver and nice finds! Thank you for capturing it on video too, much appreciated. Hopefully you find a way to make it less time consuming. Good luck on the next hunt!
Congrats on all the sweet finds Ed! Looks like a successful hunt to me! Keep at it and happy hunting
Nice digs Ed Yes

love the Bell

we used to dig a lot of those bells back in the 80s around the old 1 room school houses with the old Whites 5900s/6000s DI Pro's -- teachers used to use them to call the kids in for class long before the time electric bells were installed in schools (as I'm sure you know) Happy

I found one in the spring for the 1st time in probably 20 yrs!

Maybe you found an old school site?

BeerBeer
You guys are a riot! Chuckle Matter of fact the bell "rang" up 76 and a real high tone. One of those kind that say, "It's way too big but I better dig it." (Just in case it's another mason jar lid attached to a jar full of GOLD!) Double Chuckle on that one! Because mason jar lids ring up about like that.

The bottle was an eyeball find. I love old bottles. Just wish I could find some with some color to them.

I basically have the AT PRO set on Pro, Zero, full sense, iron audio off and no discrimination. I may bump up the iron disc (35 to 40) in the woods when there's a lot of mineralization or a crapload of fence wire.

I don't know if anyone has ever detected that area. This particular nickel, nickel, dime signal was about 10 feet from where I dug that Merc a bunch of wheats and that SLQ in about a 12" square area. That one buff and Rosie together about 2 weeks ago made me think that I'd better pay attention to the nickel signals because they may be hiding more than just nickels, especially if the numbers bounce around with the tone. Of course gold would be nice. Just every once in awhile, you know! But I was out today way up in the Royalton woods and dug every nickel signal I came across, even the iffy ones, and I have a pouch full of headstamps of all gauges and lengths, but that's just the way it goes.

Thanks guys! You know the story, some days you get the bear......

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's