Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nokta Fors Relic Scores Nice Coin In Machine-gun Iron Infested Site Using The 10" Con
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Talk about a "cleanup unit"!

Took the FR out for a spin with the 10" concentric coil installed today just to test it in the conditions of this particular site. I have 3 coils, stock 11" DD, 5" round DD and the 10" concentric but have never used the concentric on the FR until today (have used it on the FG+ though).

If you want to remove truckloads of iron junk AND pick good stuff out in the process in any site you hunt = then the FR is one of the best out there for the job Big Grin

I've hunted this place for yrs upon yrs now including having used the Fors Gold+, Makro CF77, Racer #1 and a ton of others in that time as well as the FR now and each time I've hunted it (especially with the FR and FG+) not only have I removed a truckload of iron/scrap with those/these machines but have also plucked some really nice coins/tokens out along the way Yes

Little by little I'm removing the large/r iron so that I can get to the good stuff I know is being masked/hidden by the junk.

Nails are no problem but this stuff (as shown below) and the stuff I've removed in the past as well as the endless supply of plow points, iron spikes, large cast iron pieces, flat iron, tractor/plow parts, horseshoes, etc. just today (not shown as it was left against the tree!) = is the stuff that hides the good old coins/etc. there just waiting to be found Yes

I attained my objective today and found ONE good coin in the endless sea of iron (1890 Seated Dime) Big Grin

HH all

[Image: IMG_3451_zpsxyglxzhd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3450_zpshethjcud.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3452_zpszagqeg8k.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3453_zps2knlqsjt.jpg]
GREAT CATCH on the 1890 Seated dime Wayne!! Yes Beer

Persistence pays off when at sites like that. I've kinda been doing the same thing but only with 2 machines and their related coils. As far as concentric is concerned, I've never tried it beyond the old Delta 4000 I have. But you bring up a good point in that cleaning out an area consistently, with the proper coil, can bring fantastic results. WTG on both the continued effort and the great find! You are a detectorists' detectorist!!!!!!! No smoke man!

Ed
Cool I watched a bunch of video's on that machine and it go's very deep looks alittle odd to someone who didn't ever use the lunchbox detectors but works nice. I opted for the Makro Racer Pro package should arrive on Tues. I hope it go's as deep as all the reviews and Youtube shows it can.
It's nice to see another seated being brought into the daylight. It looks like that was a lot of digging , but also a lot of fun.
HH
Pat
I admire your patience Wayne. It takes real dedication to work a site like that, but when you get a good bit of that junk out of the way you just have to know there will   nice coins there too. My motto when I did a lot of woodworking was "the right tool for the job" --looks like you've taken care of that. The seated dime is a beauty!
Thanks for the kind words guys Yes

@ Cladjunky:

here's a video I did of the Racer that you may find helpful in some form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_i5xqubWLU
Thanks for the Video link MRH it was helpful allthough it made me alittle dizzy in the beginning Happy
Nice seated, Congrats!
Beautiful seated, Wayne! You really know how to work those old, trashy spots Yes I was watching some of your YT vids the other day...good stuff Wink

Joe
(10-19-2016 01:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful seated, Wayne! You really know how to work those old, trashy spots Yes I was watching some of your YT vids the other day...good stuff Wink

Joe

Thanks Joe

good to see you posting again Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's