Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AkA Metal Detectors to the USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking to bring the AKA Metal Detectors line to the states. What you all think?

http://www.akadetectors.com/
They look like the minelab xterra wonder how good they are.
(10-17-2016 01:59 PM)Cladjunky Wrote: [ -> ]They look like the minelab xterra wonder how good they are.

From what I have read and watched on videos, they are deep, deep machines. Priced kind of like a Minelab or Whites machines.
On this forum Sven would be the best qualified to give insight on this. He is familiar with lots of the foreign manufacturers and he actually has used the Berkut. I do know that the US doesn't have a monopoly on quality, so a detector from abroad wouldn't be an automatic no-no for me. I guess like many others my big concern is price and mfg support.  The prices, given in Euros, don't seem out of line so then I guess I would want to know about reliability, repair, etc.
As a dealer you know better than I that there are many MDers out there who want more machines and newer technology all the time. If you go for it, you may be in a unique position. Good luck, whatever way you go.
(10-17-2016 02:19 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]On this forum Sven would be the best qualified to give insight on this. He is familiar with lots of the foreign manufacturers and he actually has used the Berkut. I do know that the US doesn't have a monopoly on quality, so a detector from abroad wouldn't be an automatic no-no for me. I guess like many others my big concern is price and mfg support.  The prices, given in Euros, don't seem out of line so then I guess I would want to know about reliability, repair, etc.
As a dealer you know better than I that there are many MDers out there who want more machines and newer technology all the time. If you go for it, you may be in a unique position. Good luck, whatever way you go.

Looking at the videos and from what folk say in Europe is that these machines are real deep. As for the price, they are right in line with say Whites and Minelab. If they perform like the videos show, then they would be sweet to own.
Reference URL's