Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The Minelab Advantage (remember that sayin/slogan in the 90s?) :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took my new found Musky Advantage with the 7" coil out for a spin today & yesterday (Sat/Sun) on a couple of my old standby sites (tu)

The 3rd pic shows a depression in the ground (an old well hole filled in) and after having pounded that well hole/area for the last 4 yrs with a good dozen machines = the Musky slammed on the 1845 Big Penny 3ft out from the well hole about 8" deep Big Grin

Worth mention too = in the 7th pic down (2nd from last) the tiny cuff button WITH iron crust on it was a good 9" deep and the Musky slammed it plain as day (very impressive!).

[Image: IMG_3464_zpsu3x9eou9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3469_zpsscqvaheb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3467_zps1zjcyb3j.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3466_zpsegmkkcq9.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3463_zps7vjyrzqd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3470_zpsw6psni9f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3472_zpsowgecjrl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3471_zpspolqgwwp.jpg]
Bah its not the detector its the Detectorist! Nice large cent!

(May the tone be with you!)
Nice work again Wayne. Over the last year that I've been on the forum I have seen the types of sites you hunt and I am always amazed that you keep coming up with unique finds. I agree with Cladjunky's assessment. In my opinion, most hunters would have left many of your good recoveries behind, no matter what machine they were using. Some places are just too difficult to work without years of experience and understanding; aided by an appropriate detector.

It's amazing what you can find on the internet. I went back a number of years and read those Minelab Advantage articles, and saw the reviews of the Musketeer. It was a great machine by all accounts and highly regarded. I would love to stumble across one at a yard sale.
Congrats on the goodies Wayne and that LC! YesBeerBeer

Just goes to show you that experience and hitting a site with a different detector makes sense.

And I've always enjoyed a variety of finds. It makes the hunt very worthwhile!

Ed
I started the Minelab Musketeers Yahoo Group years ago. Most of the guys who owned one was a member. It was basically a repository of all the Musketeer Info out there. But, closed it down after no activity for over a year and a half or so, mainly owners sold them or they went back into closets.

So I do have a whole file of info, that I could share after compacting it.

[attachment=8891]
Nice looking bunch of finds, Wayne. Isn't it amazing just how well a lot of those "old" units do? Chuckle The Advantage, Sov's, older CZ's, Shadow's, etc., etc., etc. are considered out to pasture by many, but you'd be hard pressed to find more capable units, even with the standards of today.

My 1021 CZ3D is still, to this very day, one of the deepest, most proficient coin machines I've ever owned. Yes, it is fooled on deep iron, which is its achilles heel, but all machines how their pluses and minuses.

Take the Advantage, or any other capable, older technology, and one has to wonder, given all of the technological advances and big dollar machines in recent years, are the newer units really 3, 4 or 5 times as capable as the older stuff? IMO, nope, it's mainly marketing, and a plethora of useless bells & whistles. Not all of course, but most.

Joe
Very nice MRH, more treasure,  more often also one of their old slogans. I started minelabing with a Soverin GT, then the XS Explorer, Exp 2, SE, SE Pro, then a CTX 3030 and have been very happy with my finds. Before I had a Whites, Compass, Garrett and Micronta. I enjoy your posts. Congrats!
Reference URL's