Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Expedition Unknown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone watched this show? It's pretty good, though the host can be a bit irritating at times, with his schtick.

They travel to different locales every episode, tracking down treasure tales, conspiracy theories, urban tales, and a bunch of other stuff.

Wouldn't say it's required viewing, but mighty entertaining - especially the treasure-related episodes - and is worthy of a look. As with all "reality t.v.", I'm sure some parts are dramatized or staged, but for the most part, it's pretty authentic.

Joe
I have seen the show several times and mostly found it enjoyable. I don't think the host is going to solve any great mystery or make an earthshattering discovery, but I do like the sense of adventure and exploration. I like the scenery of exotic places and the chance to see archeological sites up close. He visits places of wonder that I will never see firsthand, so I am glad to accompany him via TV. When he gets a bit overboard I can always head for the fridge for a snack til he gets back on track.
In keeping with this line of entertainment, I saw recently that "Curse of Oak Island" will return in November. Pirate treasure anyone?
(10-25-2016 09:00 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen the show several times and mostly found it enjoyable. I don't think the host is going to solve any great mystery or make an earthshattering discovery, but I do like the sense of adventure and exploration. I like the scenery of exotic places and the chance to see archeological sites up close. He visits places of wonder that I will never see firsthand, so I am glad to accompany him via TV. When he gets a bit overboard I can always head for the fridge for a snack til he gets back on track.
In keeping with this line of entertainment, I saw recently that "Curse of Oak Island" will return in November. Pirate treasure anyone?

A big YES to your exact statements, Shade. Same thoughts here. I first watched that Oak Island show when it first started, as I did with Gold Rush and the many others, but the thing that turned me off wasn't the actual show. It was that I had to go along on the weekly ride to enjoy the show, and knowing that they would never find the treasure (if they did the show $$$ would go kaput), so I figured what's the point. But...

I have watched many episodes in re-runs since then, and I must say, it's a well done show. If for no other reason than, it is largely schtick free, which I have an issue with. If Pawn Stars ever did an hour long show for instance, without all of that dumb Chumlee stuff, silly banter, etc., and formatted it more into the mold of something like Antiques Roadshow, IMO, it would be one of the greatest programs on t.v.

But I do enjoy the PROCESS of watching the Oak Island guys as they attempt to locate the treasure. Fascinating stuff.

Joe
Here's another really good one, Shade. It's newer, and I think I've watched all of the episodes, so far.

Doomsday: 10 Ways the World Will End

Don't know why I enjoy watching the many ways in which the human race can be demolished, maybe I'm a masochist Tongue, but boy, is it captivating.

They detail what will happen to the Earth through various scenarios, like; a black hole swallowing our planet, an asteroid hitting the Earth, a huge solar flare, etc. They dramatize the events through video, starting at a few hours before the event, until a few minutes after the event. All the way through, they have these talking head scientist types providing commentary.

Scary, but unusually fascinating!

Joe
Reference URL's