Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Went Detecting but the ground is still not really wet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out today and enjoyed the digging but the ground is really not wet. Some spots were bone dry - probably due to the extreme windy conditions that followed the rain.
I am not complaining - just stating today's facts here in good old NJ.
I got a cool surprise - 1953 Washington quarter and nearby a 1979 Irish 2 pence.
I am just wondering how dry is it going to get this year? It has really taken a toll on getting deep into some moist soils.
This isn't a rant, I had a good day plenty of targets out there and I just hope it will continue. Good luck to all.
Congratulations on the Silver quarter. No picture? No find. Hahaha. Hope the ground looses up were you will be able to dig without much trouble. Plus it helps with detecting those deep ones.
(10-29-2016 10:53 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Got out today and enjoyed the digging but the ground is really not wet. Some spots were bone dry - probably due to the extreme windy conditions that followed the rain.
I am not complaining - just stating today's facts here in good old NJ.
I got a cool surprise - 1953 Washington quarter and nearby a 1979 Irish 2 pence.
I am just wondering how dry is it going to get this year? It has really taken a toll on getting deep into some moist soils.
This isn't a rant, I had a good day plenty of targets out there and I just hope it will continue. Good luck to all.

Ground is still very bad in spots, but believe it or not, a fair bit better than it was a few weeks ago. If you want to rant, RANT. It's your right. The fact is, we cannot hunt if the ground is bad, and it's been terrible this year with a 13+" rainfall deficit. So...

Better that you get your frustration out on here, instead of wrapping your detector around a tree, threatening to kill the local weatherman, and going on a weeklong bender Chuckle

Joe
Updownup, oh sorry pal, but this is not show and tell, it's the lounge. I like to relax whenever I can, ha ha ha

Joe, you are right it is better then it was - I guess I was hoping for more but when it was that dry it will take plenty more to get us into good detecting depth.
I had a few deep signals and wanted to check them out but in that particular area the deep ground wasn't easy and it wasn't worth fighting it - so I wrote them off to deep iron and moved on. Yesterday was all about just enjoying the day.
Reference URL's