Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Rev war site next to school house gives up some decent finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, been awhile since I've done a show and tell, been busy and do mostly short hunts.
Finds today include a 1897 v nickle, 1911 barber dime, 1600s? batwing buckle in awesome shape...and a flat button.
The last time I found a 1924 merc, 2 early 1800s ball buttons, and hopefully....2 rev war musketballs. The larger one I can see the seam and where it was snipped. These balls and everything was found right ontop of a minor battle.
Other finds include 3 largies all toasted, 4 Indians, a dozen or so buttons and some others.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting all
Zach+cassandra
Those are some very great finds for bouncing around site to site in the short time you had. It's beginning to look a little like we are only going to have a real brutal winter through late January and February. So with your latitude, you should still be able to get out if you can find the time. My field work here is ending in just under 2 weeks and then I become free, as much as my old inclinations will allow. What you don't know yet is you have your youth and a great partner to share it with. Time, in this hobby for you and Cassandra, is as precious as these sites you find, which have stood still in "their" time, waiting for the both of you. Hope you can get out more together as a couple and enjoy the discoveries that are waiting. Yes

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
You know your opening yourself up to some oddball comments by the way You have that Pic with the musket rounds and coin setup Happy Very cool finds so... wanna rent out your basement I think I want to live by you Happy
Love that shoe buckle Yes

Beer
Thanks all! I was able to get a ID from a member of another site.

Trapezoidal buckle from 1620-1680 era! It's on page 71 of this webpage of buckles from 1250-1800. It's buckle number 513 on that page.

http://www.reenactor.ru/ARH/PDF/Whitehead.pdf

So happy to have found it, awesome relic and my oldest find to date now.
It's good to see your name on the posts again Zach. We missed you and the very good items you always come up with. Looks like the lay off didn't cramp your style any. The buckle gets two thumbs up! Best of luck to you and Cassandra when you go back out.
Awesome! Love that buckle. In the 1600s my area was woods and swamp and Indians (not of the Cleveland variety) . 
  It's too bad Cladjunky has dibs on your basement , I'd love a crack at finds like that.
HH
Pat
Killer finds, Zach Yes That buckle is a thing of beauty. Glad you're still sniffing out those productive sites. You need to get your butt down here one day for some hunting.

Joe
Zach, you have some interesting areas to detect. You always post very cool finds, congratulations on the latest bunch! You are doing great for someone who just started the hobby not to long ago.
Thanks all! You're all welcome to my basement, living room and outside quarters with large tents. I vote that Ed makes breakfast! Then we will all go out and find cobs and finish it off with drinks and filet mignon, ribs and my special seasoned grilled chicken with mac and cheese, sweet potatoe fries, mashed potatoes and more. Now I need to eat, have a good night and HH all
yes:Beer

(11-02-2016 11:12 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Killer finds, Zach Yes That buckle is a thing of beauty. Glad you're still sniffing out those productive sites. You need to get your butt down here one day for some hunting.

Joe
I'm down, just let me know when and I'll make the trip
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's