Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: November?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was 66 here in NJ today, will be about 76 tomorrow, and 60 on Friday, before the temps dip down next week. Been unusually mild here. Now we just need rain. November 2nd, and I'm wearing a shorts & t-shirt outside. Hope this lasts all Winter Yes

Joe
It was up to 77 here today. It's only 70 right now at 6:45 pm. I put all my summer stuff away a week ago! Predictions here say we're going to have a very mild November, and that's not only good for detecting, maybe some of that 400# of grass seed I spread at the fields will pop and take good root before the white sh&$ hits! Now that there's nobody playing on the fields! And there's still grasshoppers and butterflies out. CRAZY!

Got out for about an hour. T shirt and cargo pants. Didn't find anything but who cares! I can't believe this great weather!

Ed
Hot everywhere now it seems and dry too. We touched 80, today, looking at 83/84 tomorrow. At least the horrible humidity is gone, but sadly the mosquitoes are still lurking outside my door. They nearly carried me off after supper while I was working on the truck. Not like the Novembers I remember. If we can get a rain before the weekend I may try to get in a short hunt Saturday. Want to try out some of the fence hunting tips you guys gave me.
Amen. It's been awesome weather! But could use another rain for sure
Yeah, this stretch of weather is sure confusing. Warm and beautiful for this time of year. It did rain some and digging was fair but I am certain it is drying up quickly.

We will see what rain is on the way later today - they say that front will bring in the cold temps....but who knows....it probably will be warm until next year.....oh am I dreaming?
(11-03-2016 10:00 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this stretch of weather is sure confusing. Warm and beautiful for this time of year. It did rain some and digging was fair but I am certain it is drying up quickly.

We will see what rain is on the way later today - they say that front will bring in the cold temps....but who knows....it probably will be warm until next year.....oh am I dreaming?

We're currently in the midst of one of the worst droughts in 15 or 20 years in NJ. It mightn't seem that way, because we get these miserable, puny sprinkle showers every few weeks, which moisten the top inch or two of soil, but after the first few inches, the soil is bone dry. If it's the clay type soil, it's hard as a rock, and if it's the softer, loamier soil, it's like sand. As soon as you turn your machine on, you gotta figure you're losing about 1/3rd of its depth capability. Then, if you factor in any type of grass growth, you might lose another .5 to an inch right there. So, probably half your depth capability is gone on your hunt.

The Summers are always bad around here, and the soil is the pits, as you know. But the turnaround usually comes in the Fall. Not this year No

Joe
Reference URL's